cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung online product registration

Samsung online product registration failed to recognize the portable SSD T5 product code MU-PA500B, so I was unable to register this product. Also the CHAT app fails to understand the question about registration, totally useless.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung online product registration

hello @usery4pPn0lHAD 

How have you attemped to register the SSD ? Have you tried it on the site ? Are you inputting the right serial # ?
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/register/

What error are you receiving ?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have tried to register the SSD at the register your device page but the model number on the T5 portable SSD, which is MU-PA500B is not recognised with an error message coming up. Is there another P/N, I should be using?

Highlighted
Product Expert

@usery4pPn0lHAD  

I'm sorry just to confirm you are inputting the product's serial number first right ? Or are you having issues finding the serial number of the product? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am inputting the model number where it asks for model number which is MU-PA500B and on the next line where it asks for serial number I am inputting the S/N as given on the product. But it does not recognize the Model number. There is NO problem with the serial number.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It seems that I didn't need the model number info to register. I only needed the serial number and press register. I was trying to input both which some how was not acceptable? So I am registered now. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Product Expert

No problem. Its interesting when i pulled up the site it was only asking for the serial number. I think thats where our confusion was haha Glad it all worked out Smiley Happy