Samsung stuck pixel warranty policy

(Topic created: 06-21-2021 10:21 AM)
userAFO551Prn5
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I bought a C32G75TQSM Odyssey G7.

After a month or so, a stuck bright blue pixel appeared in the center of the monitor!

I contacted the Samsung support in my country, and they told me that only above 8 damaged pixels there is warranty!

But the pixel is bright, blue, and stuck in the center! And the monitor is expensive!

How can I not be eligible for warranty? 

BTW, I tried EVERY possible solution attempt to fix this stuck pixel I found on the internet but nothing worked!

I just want to claim warranty - why am I not eligible for warranty?

I contacted Samsung USA support and they told me that in the USA you are eligible for warranty as of 1 damaged pixel, but then my Samsung support told me no! only 8+?

Edit: This is a photo of the monitor:

https://imgur.com/3aspge2 

Does it look like 1 pixel? Or a group of few pixels?

Help!

5 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Monitors and Memory
Wow you have some horrible clouding and edge bleed issues too. That's not an even picture at all. Yeah stuck/dead pixels are a gigantic pain to have to deal with. Believe me I know. I'm surprised their support begins at 8 stuck/dead pixels. Other places require 10 before they'll help you, even under warranty. For a 4k screen that looks more like a cluster of stuck pixels rather than just one but from the photo it's impossible to tell. If your TV has a pixel refresh feature try that. You've said you already tried other methods. Did you try the gentle massage method with a microfiber cloth? YouTube has videos on it. Unfortunately if Samsung won't help your only options are to deal with it or pay to have it repaired which would likely be very expensive.
userAFO551Prn5
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you.

I think I got a photo that shows the smallest pixel unit:

https://imgur.com/fpSirUy 

What is your opinion? How many pixels can be seen damaged there?

Or it's not good enough?

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Monitors and Memory
It looks like it could be just one in that picture.
userAFO551Prn5
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

So I'm out of luck getting a replacement? For such an expensive monitor?

**bleep** and I have a Samsung smartphone and some other Samsung products.. it's a shame because I know I would never buy another samsung

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Monitors and Memory
Yeah they're not gonna help you, even under warranty, unless it has 8 or more dead/stuck pixels apparently. I feel your pain as I've been there too.

As far as I'm concerned even just one dead/stuck pixel and the screen is broken, especially at the cost of TV's now. When you're watching something all you see is that stupid pixel.

But it's not just Samsung. It happens with every brand and is always a risk when you purchase a TV or monitor. Always check the retailer's return policy for dead/stuck pixels before you buy. They may let you return it for one messed up pixel even though Samsung's policy is 8. That's why I stopped purchasing monitors on Newegg because they had a 10 dead pixel policy to return.
0 Likes