Original topic:

Samsung will not handle warranty purchased from authorized reseller ?

(Topic created: 03-30-2023 09:25 AM)
user40vNcmcc7a
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I purchased a 256GB SD CARD from BestBuy(authorized reseller) Dec/2022. It stops working couple days ago (understandable). I contacted Samsung twice for Warranty.

First representive spend an hour to troubleshooting and realized that SD card is faulty. And transferred my call directly to BestBuy then that's it!

I have to make a second phone call. Second customer support informed me that Samsung has an agreement with BestBuy and BestBuy should handle the warranty. Samsung WILL NOT handle warranty if you don't purchase it directly from Samsung. 

Is this true ? I visited BestBuy yesterday and they told me the opposite. This is a very bad customer experience!

4 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory
Sounds reasonable to me. That's why I get all my high priced tech items through Best Buy, so I can walk in the store and speak with a human being face to face if there is an issue. I usually purchase the Geek Squad extended warranty for items over $600. I've never had a problem getting a refund or exchange at Best Buy. With their store credit card I usually can get six or twelve months credit with zero percent interest and pay for my purchase over time without an additional cost. I've been shopping there for over two decades.
0 Likes
user40vNcmcc7a
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I think we are talking two different things.

The card is STILL in warranty. BestBuy has a return period of 15 days. Since I brought it 3 month ago, I can not return it. But have to contact manufacturer to handle the warranty. BestBuy stuff print out the policy to me. And that's my understanding too.

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory
I would think that you could get an exchange, not a refund, through Best Buy. If not, then, yes, any warranty with Samsung would have to be negotiated through Samsung.
user40vNcmcc7a
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

OK. A third call got me to the right person. The issue resolve in 5 mins this time.

This is the information in case you need to claim a warranty for memory product.

Samsung Memory Services
1-800-726-7864
samsungmemorysupport@sea.samsung.com

Samsung will send you a return authorization form, once it's approved, they will send you a label for you ship the faulty product back.

I think Samsung really needs to stream line its customer service. Customers don't need to call them 3 times to get the right person.
0 Likes