JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen Flicker Samsung G9 Odyssey with RTX 3080

(Topic created on: 12/6/20 9:22 AM)
resonance411
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm noticing an intermittent flicker in my screen just left of center. I purchased this monitor a little less than a month ago. How can I get it fixed?  Is this a driver issue or something more serious?

Samsung G9 Odyssey with RTX 3080 in Alienware Aurora 11 Chassis

Firmware updated to 1007.1

Nvidia drivers: 457.30

0 Likes
7 Replies
userIpTdA6O9aY
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

It's a driver issue turn off g-sync and switch to hotfix driver 456.98 until they get this issue resolved.( https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5099/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-456.98 )

0 Likes
acplayer
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Does this driver work with 240 hz g-sync on?  The latest driver works without g-sync on at 240hz

0 Likes
userX7raUrFiWx
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

This did not resolve my issue.  Same flickering still exists in the middle bottom left corner.

0 Likes
user1xkXJ0ttbN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

what usb drives and format did yall use for firmware update, i cannot get the G9 to read ANY USB or format (full not quick)

0 Likes
Jrh1128
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
My g9 has the same issue, ordered from Amazon and received last week. It was made August 2020, fa01. I updated it to the 1008 firmware driver, still flickering bar at mid-left of center. I've tried multiple Nvidia drivers, hasnt helped. Rtx 3080 fe, i7 9700k.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you're experiencing flickering on your G9. Service is required. Please message one of our Moderators so we can further assist you one on one. Click here to private message a Moderator. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Jrh1128
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
Thanks Larry. I don't know how to send a private message, I have all that info though. Could you explain how to send a message? Thanks =)
0 Likes