I connected my new monitor Samsung u28r552uqu to my four year old Laptop ASUS ux303UA. I use it for programming and photograpy.
* Monitor: here
* Laptop specifications: 64 bit, Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.40 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 520
I am having problems by setting the resolution. The screen is a bit blurry. I did the following:
- The monitor and Laptop are connected with the HDMI cable that comes along with the monitor.
- According to the user manual, an information message about setting optimum resolution will appear if you power on the product for the first time after purchase. It did NOT appear to me or I did not see it. I can't find it in the Menu.
- I installed the driver LU28R55 from the Samsung webpage.
- I went to Settings → System → Display → Advanced display settings and manually adjusted the resolution to 3840x2160.
- I went to Settings → System → Display → Advanced display settings → Display adapter properties → Monitor, and adjust Screen refresh rate under Monitor settings. I could only choose between 29 and 30 Hz (in contrast, for the Laptop Screen I can select 60 Hz).
Do you know if I missed something or do you have an idea what to do? Maybe it is just that my laptop is not supporting the 4K resolution?
Thanks in advance for your ideas and support.