Original topic:

Should I Switch & Buy Samsung Brand Curved Ultra Wide Gaming Monitors?

(Topic created: 05-05-2024 12:43 PM)
Uaxo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
 BACKGROUND
Hi, due to career opportunities I have decide to not upgrade my current computer, and instead give my very high end gaming setup to my dad in doing so getting myself a whole new setup. The following questions I have are to make sure switching with the Samsung Curved Ultrawide Monitors, from the Asus ROG Curved Ultrawide Monitors a good choice. My questions are about the following products :

- Samsung 57" Odyssey Neo G9 Dual 4K UHD Quantum Mini-LED 240Hz 1ms(GtG) HDR 1000 Curved Gaming Monitor

- Samsung 49" Odyssey G95SC Series OLED Curved Smart Gaming Monitor 240Hz 0.03ms(GtG) Dual QHD Neo Quantum Processor Pro DisplayHDR 400 G-Sync Compatible AMD FreeSync Premium Pro Gaminb Hub LS49CG954SNXZA

- 55" Odyssey Ark 2nd Gen. 4K UHD 165Hz 1ms(GtG) Quantum Mini-LED Curved Gaming Screen

QUESTIONS
The following questions I have are to make sure switching with the Samsung Curved Ultrawide Monitor, from the Asus ROG Curved Ultrawide is it a good choice. First of based on my research 2 of the monitors that come with the Smart Device Gaming Hub / UI has issues switching to different inputs, and so is there a way to turn of the smart display input change or is it going to always be a issue? Another question is that even though only one of the descriptions on the monitors says G-Sync Compatible I looked it up, and it said they all are G-Sync Compatible I wanna know is that true? Additionally to my last question if it does not support G-Sync what is in place for my Nvidia Graphics Cards ran computer from screen tearing, and especially while gaming? Also the PBP features do I have to have multiple graphics cards, different devices, and or just one graphics card to play multiple games / programs side by side from the same computer? Another question due to the lack of input ports on one of the Odyssey with the smart hud / UI, is it a viable option if I plan to mainly run all of my many consoles, possibly 2 computers, and or my television box with a lack of ports, and or should I just go with the better picture Odyssey without the smart hub / UI issues and just buy a speaker if I chose to want to add a television box to it? Another thing is if I chose to watch programs from my other devices besides my computer that I cannot install a addon like I do currently to watch programs properly in ultrawide on chrome is there a built in stretch to fit / aspect ratio & resolution feature in the monitors and if only in select monitors which? Then same goes with games that do not have a Ultrawide setting will I have to play in PBP or use only part of my screen, and or which will any or all of the devices have a smart display setting that will either stretch to fit and or have smart control of changing aspect ratio & resolution to the monitors? Second to last due to the length of these ultrawide monitors, are these a better option then having multiple monitors if I chose to play in a normal aspect ratio on one half, and run stuff on the other half of the screen. Lastly due to the size if using one of these monitors apposed to multiple monitors, is it superior to multiple monitors perhaps one that is still a ultrawide curved just shorter with a higher refresh rate with a additionally monitor for the other stuff, or are these monitor actually a perfect replacement due the high refresh rate with potentially of multiple 4k displays on 1 screen?

With Upmost Appreciation,
Proud Customer / Potential Expanded Market Customer Pete (Uaxo)

5 Replies
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

I suggest you download the User Manuals for the items of interest and peruse the availability of input ports,  usable resolutions and their associated ports and refresh rates.

Also the requirements for multiple simultaneous displays on one monitor.

Personally I would opt for individual monitors picked for differing display requirements in a dual, triple, or even quad layout even allowing for multiple computers, consoles, and streamers.

Uaxo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
I didn't even think about downloading the manual for them, but that's great advice. Thank you very much!
0 Likes
userWqFjQpB5Z6
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Honestly their monitors are garbage.  Look elsewhere.  It'll break on you outside of warranty, a complete waste of money.  The products are frustrating and poorly put together.  Don't waste your money.

Uaxo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Oh okay, thank you for your perspective. I only have had experience with Asus ROG Curved Ultrawide, so your input really does help.
0 Likes
userWqFjQpB5Z6
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've had nothing but issues with black screens and connectivity issues.  Constant firmware updates and empty promises.  The monitor itself is a fine product, but it has so many issues that it's a waste of money.  You're not missing anything by not going with Samsung.  And their service is awful too.  Stay away.

0 Likes