Original topic:

Smart hub not loading

(Topic created: 07-04-2023 12:24 PM)
TheRev433
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I got an Oled G8 monitor last month. 
Yesterday seems it installed a new firmware update which made Smart Hub not loading anymore. 

Pressing the Home button does nothing, either through the remote control or the monitor navigation buttons. 

I already tried doing a factory rest like 5 times, but still does not work. 

I would appreciate any help on this.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This is definitely strange, especially after updating. What I would recommend is to try and update again to see if a hotfix has come out to fix any issues such as this. If not the next two options would be service our reaching out to our smartthings community at the following link:https://community.smartthings.com/. For service, you can send your information to me or any of the other Samsung moderators or call directly at 1 (800) 726-7864.

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

Model Number: 

Serial Number: 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Monitors and Memory
First make sure your g8 is connected to wifi then press home then settings now in the Quick toggle toolbar press the remote right all the way to the end to where you see all settings now go to general and privacy tab then scroll down to start screen options click and here is where you set start with Smart home hub and some other options 20230704_130454_1000003759_1688501101.jpg20230704_130559_1000003760_1688501278.jpg
0 Likes
TheRev433
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Setting that option on, when I turn the monitor on I got this Home icon moving for some seconds, then just a black screen where all I can do is open Settings and change volume. 

home.jpgblack screen.jpg

I also noticed that signing to my Samsung account only works by manually enter email and password on the monitor, either using QR or web sign in options works (My phone says I got signing but nothing happens on the monitor). 
Also, when I manually sign in, I get an email saying a new device signed in with my account, and says it was from Ireland, but I am from Mexico, so it does not makes sense.

TheRev433_1-1688502073132.png

I don't think is an issue with my internet, because I tried using another (mobile data) and still fails. Also, when signing in on my phone, I also get an email, but this one saying it was from Mexico. 

TheRev433_2-1688502197814.png

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Monitors and Memory
It seems like something was hacked very weird 🤔 you might need to call Samsung and have it sent for service. Can you get a signal from your pc?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This is definitely strange, especially after updating. What I would recommend is to try and update again to see if a hotfix has come out to fix any issues such as this. If not the next two options would be service our reaching out to our smartthings community at the following link:https://community.smartthings.com/. For service, you can send your information to me or any of the other Samsung moderators or call directly at 1 (800) 726-7864.

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

Model Number: 

Serial Number: 

0 Likes