cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Space Monitor 27" not showing full resolution on MacOS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have the Space Monitor 27" SR75 connected to a MacBook Air 2013 using a belkin adapter (mini DP to HDMI), the mac has the following specs:

Processor: 1.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

The monitor is supposed to work at 2560x1440 but the maximum resolution I get on MacOS is 1080p, the strange thing is I tested the same monitor on the same computer using windows 10 via bootcamp and the monitor works perfectly.

I've already tried resetting SMC and PRAM, using a different adapter with 4k support, restarting on safe mode, etc.

All of this make me think that it may be a firmware problem? Because as I said it works perfectly on the same computer on bootcamp.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Space Monitor 27" not showing full resolution on MacOS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After trying two HDMI to mini-displayport adapters I ended up buying a new mini-displayport to mini-displayport cable (without having to use adapters) and that fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to the developer regarding this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And how would I do that? I called customer service yesterday and filed a report for missing macOS firmware and drivers.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MacOS has a limited number of display resolutions available depending on model.

Here is one link on changing that resolution:  

https://osxdaily.com/2015/08/27/show-all-display-resolutions-external-screen-mac/

Google changing Mac resolutions for more links and info.

As you said, the monitor works fine in Win 10 so don't blame the monitor for a lacking OS's limitations.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Already tried that, the problem is that its not showing the native resolution for the monitor.
I also checked if the macbook air model I'm using supported that resolution and the technical specifications say it does:

Graphics and Video Support

• Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is the Mac's problem, complain  to Apple.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After trying two HDMI to mini-displayport adapters I ended up buying a new mini-displayport to mini-displayport cable (without having to use adapters) and that fixed the problem.

View solution in original post