cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misiak
Constellation

Re: Space Monitor 32 inch, Chirping or Clicking sound

Bought another one. Exactly the same problem... What to say. I don't think they will fix the problem for you but let me know if you have any new info about your monitor.

Highlighted
hkokame2014
Asteroid

They did not fix the problem. I received a refund for 99% of my purchase price after 3 months.  I send back my monitor for repair in mid October 2019.  I moved on. I would recommend the new 32 inch lg ergo monitor that was announced at CES.

Misiak
Constellation

I appreciate your recommendation but it's a completelly different panel. Needless to say the price will be good over 2500$. This one cost 10x less. It's uncomparable to be honest. LG has IPS technology so you can expect much worse static contrast on non HDR content. Plus I don't want underwent a BLB and IPS glow lottery. I preffer higher frimereate over resolution so 4K would have a hard time to keeps FPS high. I found this one is great for 2K gaming especially because its good contrast ratio and no BLB (if you are lucky enough but the chances are high in comarison with IPS or TN). I had 5 of these and only one suffered of BLB in left bottom corner which I couldn't tolerate. They are other issues but don't wan't to talk about it to not distract people because ignorance is a bliss, especially when it comes to LCDs Smiley Happy For this price I can tolerate some minor flavs but I can't imagine I buy a monitor for 2K$ and deal with problems of BLB, uniformity, glow, bad/stuck pixels, matrix issues, etc... So good luck with that LG, you will need it Smiley Wink

Misiak
Constellation

How did you go with the monitor? This ticking is pretty quiet, I can barelly hear it but could it go worse in the future ? Or would it cause some problems to the monitor itself ? I'm not quiet sure what to do. It's really weird issue but I'm sure it's comming from montherboard. It definitelly can't be a LCD panel itself. So replacing a board should help if the board is not faulty as well but Samsung should be aware of that. I paid 300 eur for it so it's not that much to risk to open it and check. It must be some condenser in my opinion. I can't believe Samsung was not able to identify the problem. Do you think they were not able to hear this sound or they couldn't find where the sound is comming from ? In my opinion if you open the back you have to see what's the problem. Strange.