Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hkokame2014
Asteroid

Space Monitor 32 inch, Chirping or Clicking sound

Hello,

I recently purchased a Samsung Space Monitor 32 (32" SR75 4K UHD Space Monitor MODEL NUMBER: LS32R750UENXZA).  The monitor makes a chirping sound.  It goes on and off.  I send the monitor back.  They replace the mainboard.   After that, the chirping sound came back.  I send it back and they replaced the LCD panel.  The chirping sound still came back.  I have send the technician video of the chriping sound.  He said he cannot find it.   I really do not know what to do?  Have anyone had this type of issue before.  The chirping sound will temporary disappear if I put the monitor to sleep and wake it up.  The monitor chirps twice per second, in a rythmic pattern. Sound is loudest at the lower right side of the monitor.  I record video of it using my phone.  Unfortunetly, this forum does not allow me to upload it.

23 REPLIES 23
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Space Monitor 32 inch, Chirping or Clicking sound

Please send us a private message with any ticket numbers that you have: Link

anthony_cj
Constellation

I am having the exact same issue.  I contacted the store I bought it from and as it was within the first few days, they agreed to swap it out for a new montior.  The new monitor is also making the same clicking sound!!!

hkokame2014
Asteroid

I send that monitor in for repair three times.  They could not identify the problem.  They swapped out the mainboard, monitor panel, and it did not get rid of the clicking sound.  They eventually gave me a replacement monitor, and it makes the same clicking sound a few days after I got it.  Also Samsung refuses to fix the replacement monitor.  Getting a replacement monitor, completely voides the "1- year" warranty.  I am glad you identified the problem pretty fast. Unfortunely I did not realize how serious and complicated the problem was (think Samsung Galaxy Fold). I thought the replacement would solve my problem.  I spend 500 dollars on defective monitor that lasted on six months.  My advice to you, get rid of the monitor fast.

anthony_cj
Constellation

Thanks for that.  It's disappointing because I absolutely love it. 

I've noticed that if I turn it off and back on when it's doing that it stops but then starts up again randomly. 

I don't know where you are but I suggest checking your consumer protection laws.  Where I am, if a product is replaced, you are still covered and in fact, the clock starts ticking again from the start.  

hkokame2014
Asteroid

I like the design of the monitor too.  Also turning the monitor off, or putting the computer to sleep makes the ticking sound go away for a while. Then it comes back.  I thought the problem would go away, but it just got worse after a couple of months.  The monitor was repaired a couple of times, but it did not solve the problem.    I bought it from Amazon and it was shipped to California.  Samsung already made their decision.  I am not going to give them extra 150 dollars to do a repair on a two week old replacement monitor.   I ended up buying a LG 32ul750-W instead.  I appreciate your reply.  I was wondering if the ticking sound was simply in my head.   I never had a noisy monitor/tv before. 

anthony_cj
Constellation

Such a shame that you had such a terrible experience. 

I thought the same thing too - that I was hearing things.  I also noticed that if you look up really close to the screen, when it does the chirping/clicking sound, the screen itself actually slightly pulses so there's somethign going on with the power circuitry.

I'm glad you've told me that because part of me was just going to keep it but if that's the case, then I don't want the problem to keep getting worse :-( 

Misiak
Constellation

Hi guys, did you manage to solve this problem? Seems this problem is quiet widespread as I'm on 3rd replacement of Samsung Space monitor 27" and two of them actually making this noise! First two had bad panels and poor uniformity, 3rd one is finally pretty perfect but this ticking makes me crazy. I'm pretty sure it's motherboard related as this sound is comming from middle rigt part of the screen where all connections a power cord is connecting. The frequency is very random. Usually it start within tents of minutes minutes or hour after monitor is turned on. If I turn it off and immediatelly turn on it stops for some time but then it starts again. It's pretty quiet noise but at night you can hear tick-tick-tick. I've noticed as well that the sound of ticking will change with change of brightness. If you go down character is different and it's a bit louder. It's definitelly something with power circuit and heat and Samsung should react for this as it's obviously not normal. I'm affraid it may have a negative impact on lifespan of the monitor and this concerns me. It's a shame because finally I'm happy with uniformity, no dust, no bad pixels... But this I don't know.... Samsung could you please write us something about this ? 

I'm tempted to open up this monitor and have a look inside but I guess it's not that easy to open and void warranty but I want to keep the panel as it's perfect for me and everyone who is seriously buying monitors know how hard is to get perfect panel with good uniformity, no dead/stuck pixels, backlight bleed, etc....

What I've forgot to mention I've upgraded to 1006.3 from 1005.0 - not sure if this makes any difference but before update I haven't notice this but I've upgraded within few hours I've got the monitor...  

hkokame2014
Asteroid

No solution.  Your monitor seems to have the same problems I had.  I had the main board replaced.  The ticking sound did not go away.  The ticking is random and annoying.  After, I return the monitor for the third time. They refuse to fix it. They wanted me to pay the repair cost for the replacement monitor that was 2 weeks ago. The original monitor was purchased 6 months ago.  The customer service I received was awful.  I even had a video of the problem.  They just ignored me.  A couple of months ago, they change their mind and decided to repair the monitor again. Two weeks later they change their mind again and decided not to repair it.  Three weeks ago, they decided to issue a refund check for 540 dollars. I have not received it.  I have contacted them about it, but I have not received any reply.  My recommendation is to get rid of the monitor and replace it with the LG version of the "Space Monitor" announced during CES 2020.  
In summary,  My Space Monitor has been in the repair shop at Samsung since mid Oct of last year.  I purchased it March 2019. I started to repair the monitor in Aug 2019. 

Misiak
Constellation

That's really strange. 3 monitors in a row and all had this issue? I've tried to search on the internet, amazon and other sides and this monitor has usually a high rating and noone noticed this ticking. I had 3 and 2nd and 3rd all had this problem. 1st probably too but I haven't noticed and already returned. You have returned the monitor the te reseller or directly to Samsug for repair? I can't believe that Samsung is not aware of it.

Could you please upload this video to youtube or to some cloud ? I would like to see if we had the same problem. Mi ticking is really quiet and it's very hard to notice in quiet environment but at night you can pick it up easily. It's like sparkling noise of some electrical component on the mainboad, probably condenser. 

This LG monitor, could you send me a link for it? Is it QWHD or 4K ? I don't want 4K and I'm searching only for 1440p VA non curved with FreeSync support. And this Samsung is the only one available and I love it, seems finally won a lotery but this ticking is a litle bit concerning. I'm an electrician and probably I would be able to fix it by opening the back and locating the source of the noise. As I said I'm convinced it's something with mainboard. But probably samsung has a new revision already so board replacement could help. All my 3 samples were FA01 with older firmware 1005.0 which I had to update to enable freesync to 1006.3.