Original topic:

Sparkles on monitor

(Topic created on: 1/17/21 3:44 PM)
userrYwMsr2VyR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, I have a CHG70 gaming monitor in the 32" version that when on a dark screen you can see white sparkles. Almost like pixels flashing on the screen. I've read online these are referred to as "HDMI sparkles" and that the problem is typically caused by a bad HDMI cable. I have tried two different cables and the same thing is happening. What's interesting is with this new "premium" HDMI cable the sparkles seem to only be visible when first booting on the monitor and go away after being on a while. Still annoying to me tho that it still happens. Any tips? I've tried both HDMI ports and same thing. 

0 Likes
9 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Does it occur with multiple HDMI devices?

0 Likes
userrYwMsr2VyR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes. It currently runs on my Mac mini but i hooked it up to my PS5 and same thing happened. 

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Is the firmware on the unit up to date?

0 Likes
userrYwMsr2VyR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

How do I know the most up to date firmware? My monitor says 1024 some thing, but on Samsung's website it says most current firmware is 1020.0 but in digging online there are some users that were updating via the Korean Samsung website as that had the 1023 and 1024 update. What shall I do? 

0 Likes
userrYwMsr2VyR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

D2D252B6-AABC-4FB2-90F9-16E8877DC8F4.jpeg

This is what it currently says 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Have you checked for updates to the video card driver?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userrYwMsr2VyR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Can you please inform me how to do that? I really want to get this resolved

0 Likes
userrYwMsr2VyR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have 2 27" versions of the same monitor but never seen this problem on either of them. All three being powered by an i7 Mac mini 

0 Likes
user80NL642IMO
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have this same problem on a U28R55 I received for Christmas. Was a solution identified?

0 Likes