cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDc3IloLyLN
Constellation

Re: T5 SSD Catalina issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And some of us are STILL LOCKED OUT OF OUR DRIVES because of this stupid limit. I've tried once today and twice yesterday (all 12 hours apart). This is Samsung's poor planning and poor performance. If they'd use an open encryption standard and not something proprietary, we would have had this resolved already. It's not like OSX Catalina was a surprise release (there were MONTHS of notice). Developing solutions while an OS is in open beta should be standard for companies like Samsung. Then releasing what I need but restricting it so much that I can't download it with a "We're sorry" isn't good enough. This boils down to poor customer service. Either it's ready for prime time or not. Have a beta channel Samsung and get your QA team actually testing with real user test groups. Telling me I need to decrypt my data IS NOT a solution, it's a PRIVACY concern (it's encrypted for a reason).

@Memory Product Expert -1  wrote:

Hello userFk4xewlDgm,

The Samsung Portable SSD Software version 1.6.6 has been released. The download page link is located below.

Please note: The software has been recently updated. There is a download limit set daily. This limit resets every day. However, the limit will be completely removed after a few days. This is because Samsung would like to avoid wide spread issues for users world wide as preliminary testing may not cover the large amount of customer enviorments. We appreciate your patience during the intial release of this software.

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

userOnadnS0dA1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I downloaded this link and soon as I connected my SSD 5, I was asked if I am from a European country. I then answered no. Then the Portable SSD app launched but it cant mount the drive. It just says disconnected.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userFk4xewlDgm,

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the PSSD Software and Mac OS (ver 10.15/Catalina). Samsung is releasing a revised version of the PSSD Software to resolve the compatibility issues without limitation.

Releasing date : 11/20
Version : 1.6.6

For further support on your SSD, please contact our dedicated memory support team at 1-800-726-7864.
Operation hour : Mon-Fri 9AM-12AM (EST)