cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MBJams
Constellation

T5 SSD drive doesn't update time or date when saving / modifying a file

my new T5 SSD drive doesn't update time or date when saving / modifying a file.  I have 6 external HDs  from various brands and have never had a drive fail to update the time and date when saving a file.  this is my first Samsung drive..     I work on large music files and back them up to apple's time machine and other drives, and having the Incorrect "date modified"  time stamp on the file will probably cause me problems..    I don't want to have to "Save as everytime.    Is this a common thing with Samsung, or is the drive not working properly ?     tried 3 times to contact samsung and got No help..   was on chat with someone, then they just left the chat,  waited almost 20 mins...      Otherwise the drive is good, fast..    If anyone knows if this is common, or if the drive is faulty pls let me know!   thanks !!!

4 REPLIES 4
MBJams
Constellation

Re: T5 SSD drive doesn't update time or date when saving / modifying a file

Probably just going to exchange it ,  it’s showing incorrect file Sizes also. Never seen this before. no Samsung ppl have any thoughts ?? 

userqg9e3Nvndr
Constellation

Hi! Same issue here. Just got my T5 last night. I noticed that the date modified on the info is incorrect. It's showing me "1 January 1980". 

userPsNJPrSN3f
Constellation

Hey , one thing under disk utility, make sure it’s Journaled next to Mac OS extended  if you use it with apple stuff,  that may fix the date issue...  I think my ssd was dropped or something at the factory, it had other problems  too,

got another t5 , works great !

userqg9e3Nvndr
Constellation

It worked! Thank you! =)