cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: T5 SSD not working with macOS 10.15 Catalina

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I experience the sam problem - has this been resolved now?? What is the soultin if any, or do we have to wait for Samsung to get this resolved? I cannot be, such an important topic is taking so long.... Thx, Moustache14

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is 11/3. Samsung still has no solution, yet Man Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Days passed, no solution from Samsung - a really bad support

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,
Samsung is currently preparing an update for its T5 to make there software compatible with Catalina. Release date : end of november.
Here is a screenshot of their answer on their facebook page (facebook.com/SamsungSSD/posts/3147906525283627?comment_id=3203406513066961&notif_id=1573104085106691&notif_t=feed_comment ): Capture d’écran 2019-11-07 à 09.41.13.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I am able to access the drive and it's data but I am unable to install the samsung portable t5 software in my macbook air I am seeing this below error. 

This package is incompatible with this version of macOS.

The package is trying to install content to the system volume. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

MacOS Catalina : 10.15.1

I hope samsung t5 update will resolve it. 

Cheers,

Svijayan

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, is Samsung not working closely with Apple?  Or, are Samsung computer storage products better suited for Microsoft products?  Backups are critical for computer systems.   

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's now December 2, 2019 and Samsung still doesn't have a fix for this - and, no, Version 1.6.6 does not work - I just tried it.  I bought the T5 drive a couple of days and will be returning it tomorrow.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This still unsolved problem confirms that I made a good move, some weeks before :

1. Asked for a refund for this beautiful T5 SSD, but not working at all with OS Catalina :-(

2 Bought an internal SSD Crucial MX500 (1 Tb)

3. Inserted it in a metal case ORICO

At the end, it works perfectly for amost $60.00 less.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem with 1.6.6 still isn't fixed yet!  It is now March!  I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.3.   Is someone from Samsung working on this?  Do we need to go to Reddit, Twitter, or Facebook to report this problem in order to get attention?  

This is terrible! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think this solution will apply to everyone but what I was able to do is the following:

1. Connect the T5 SSD to Mac (FYI, I'm using the Big Sur MacOS beta)
    1. Note that I also receive the message noting that there is no SSD connected
  2. I launch Parallels where I have my Windows 10 Virtual Machine and then I connect the T5 SSD to my Windows 10 Virtual Machine.
  3. The Samsung App launches and I'm able to enter my password to "unlock" the SSD drive
  4. I "disconnect" the T5 SSD from my Windows 10 Virtual Machine via the "Devices" option on the menu bar for Parallels
  5. You'll then see the SSD unlocked within Finder in MacOS.

Bit clunky and cumbersome but it works and I'm able to access my files on the T5 SSD as it was unlocked in the Parallels Windows 10 VM.