Original topic:

Terrible monitor design

(Topic created: 09-26-2021 08:41 AM)
userSkc636f9S5
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I was told to share my product feedback here.

I recently received a 24" Samsung monitor through work at a new job. The monitor is pretty big, so likely to be used by gamers and IT folks most often (or in any case - folks who take external monitor seriously). As such, it's unacceptable that the monitor has a stand that is not removable and makes VESA stand installation either impossible - or just looks terrible.

Here's a video showing the problem (and a potential solution, to be taken at your own risk, as it can damage the monitor). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kswAyzr7B8E

I raised this concern with my company, and they will not be buying Samsung monitors for any future employees.

Come on Samsung. I could've designed a better product, and I'm not a product designer.

IF THIS VIDEO HELPED YOU - PLEASE SUBSCRIBE- HELP ME GET TO 100k SUBS PLEASE!Buy this cheap spreader kit if you don't want to mar the plastic: https://amzn.t...
0 Likes
4 Replies
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
So there's nothing wrong with the stand, you simply don't like the stand design.
0 Likes
userSkc636f9S5
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

@MutatedRam 

Depends on what you mean by "wrong". If you mean broken - no, not wrong in that sense - I would've raised a support ticket if that was the case.

As noted in my post, my intention was to provide product feedback. So yes, you understood correctly, that I - and my company - dislike the design for the reasons stated, and will not be purchasing it further.

Hopefully such feedback gives Samsung an opportunity to improve their product.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung produces a number of monitors with and without Vesa capability.  It is the purchaser's responsibility in selecting a proper model for their intended use.  Vesa mounting is one of the first things I check for when monitor shopping,  no Vesa,  no purchase.  Complain to the company for a poor choice of monitor model.

0 Likes
userSkc636f9S5
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

@ddaniel51 

As noted above, this stand has VESA capability - but the non-removable stand gets in the way. That's the problem that Samsung should consider addressing.

0 Likes