JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Thick black borders around computer monitor

(Topic created: 11-08-2020 04:38 PM)
usertDANPBZ0Pq
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The computer display does not use up the entire screen.  Instead, there is a black border that is around 5 mm thick surrounding the screen.  Here is a picture to illustrate that:  

IMG_9929.JPG

The monitor is the Samsung 32" Class 4K UHD Curved Monitor.  Model LU32R591CWNXZA.  (https://www.costco.com/Samsung+32%22+Class+4K+UHD+Curved+Monitor.product.100512595.html).  The computer is running Windows 10 Pro build 19042.610.  The video card is AMD Radeon RX 480, Driver date is 2/26/2019.  The resolution is 3840 x 2160, 150% scaling.  I've tried installing AMD Adrenalin 2020 to see if I can adjust scaling but there is no option to adjust scaling.

Not sure if this is a problem with the Samsung monitor or the AMD video card.  Please help.  Thanks.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Options
Monitors and Memory
Can you enter the monitor's setting and see if there is an adjustment for increasing the screen size? Most monitors have a manual adjustment for screen size.
0 Likes
usertDANPBZ0Pq
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

There is no manual control to adjust screen size on the monitor itself.  Here is the manual for this monitor .  Thanks.

0 Likes
usertDANPBZ0Pq
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

There is no control to manually adjust the screen size on the monitor itself.   You can see the manual for the monitor here.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Options
Monitors and Memory
It could be a windows problem. Have you tried changing the scaling settings in windows?
0 Likes
usertDANPBZ0Pq
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've tried different scaling settings in Windows.  No effect.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory

@usertDANPBZ0Pq 

Looking at images of this monitor on the internet it looks like the black border is there by design. Actually a lot of monitors are like that. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LU32R591CWNXZA-Curved-UHD-Refurbished/dp/B07Z5DLNHX

Please don't forget to mark a helpful post as a Solution. And give it a like:)

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
usertDANPBZ0Pq
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks.  I wish Samsung had specify that in their product description so that consumers do not have to wonder and waste time hunting for the answer.  Are all curved monitors like that?  This is my first curved monitor and all my previous flat monitors do not have this black border issue.

0 Likes