cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Thick black borders around computer monitor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The computer display does not use up the entire screen.  Instead, there is a black border that is around 5 mm thick surrounding the screen.  Here is a picture to illustrate that:  

IMG_9929.JPG

The monitor is the Samsung 32" Class 4K UHD Curved Monitor.  Model LU32R591CWNXZA.  (https://www.costco.com/Samsung+32%22+Class+4K+UHD+Curved+Monitor.product.100512595.html).  The computer is running Windows 10 Pro build 19042.610.  The video card is AMD Radeon RX 480, Driver date is 2/26/2019.  The resolution is 3840 x 2160, 150% scaling.  I've tried installing AMD Adrenalin 2020 to see if I can adjust scaling but there is no option to adjust scaling.

Not sure if this is a problem with the Samsung monitor or the AMD video card.  Please help.  Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Thick black borders around computer monitor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usertDANPBZ0Pq 

Looking at images of this monitor on the internet it looks like the black border is there by design. Actually a lot of monitors are like that. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LU32R591CWNXZA-Curved-UHD-Refurbished/dp/B07Z5DLNHX

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Can you enter the monitor's setting and see if there is an adjustment for increasing the screen size? Most monitors have a manual adjustment for screen size.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no manual control to adjust screen size on the monitor itself.  Here is the manual for this monitor .  Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no control to manually adjust the screen size on the monitor itself.   You can see the manual for the monitor here.  Thanks.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It could be a windows problem. Have you tried changing the scaling settings in windows?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried different scaling settings in Windows.  No effect.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usertDANPBZ0Pq 

Looking at images of this monitor on the internet it looks like the black border is there by design. Actually a lot of monitors are like that. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LU32R591CWNXZA-Curved-UHD-Refurbished/dp/B07Z5DLNHX

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks.  I wish Samsung had specify that in their product description so that consumers do not have to wonder and waste time hunting for the answer.  Are all curved monitors like that?  This is my first curved monitor and all my previous flat monitors do not have this black border issue.