Original topic:

Triple Neo G7 43" Game Mode bug with nVidia

(Topic created: 04-07-2024 02:58 PM)
jjwATmyself
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

There appears to be a bug with triple Neo G7 43" connected to nVidia dGPUs (e.g. RTX 4070 Super) and Game Mode on (default). With Game Mode = on, only two displays will connect. Whereas with Game Mode = Off, the three screens will connect.  I tested many nVidia driver versions including the currently released 552.12. This issue exists in Windows 10 and Windows 11 (dual boot system). The three Neo G7 43" are on firmware version 1622. In contrast, using the same computer and screens with an AMD RX 6700 XT, this is not a problem. It is also worth noting that with Game Mode = off, 144Hz and VRR becomes disabled. In addition, with Game Mode = Off, and HDR enabled, Gamma will change from 2.2 to ST.2048. The overall limitation of needing to disable Game Mode, for triple Neo G7 43", is workable, but was very difficult to solve. Ideally, Samsung should reproduce this and work to solve as likely effects other models too. 

I found the initial idea on how to solve this triple Neo G7 bug on nVidia here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/534036/4070ti-3-monitors-wont-a...

My configuration guide on the Neo G7 43" is here:

https://techtips.walshaw.me/2024/01/28/calibrating-the-flat-43-odyssey-neo-g7-g70nc-4k-uhd-144hz-gam...

3 Replies
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

In what perfect world can a monitor manufacturer be expected to dumb down their product to compensate for another manufacturer's deficient GPU's performance?

0 Likes
jjwATmyself
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you for the tip. Any chance you can post a link to where you found this was solved with 4080?    I would think it's less about the card but a driver issue/ configuration param.   

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

Sorry, that was troll bait.  I removed the comment.

Do some internet searches for triple monitors on a 4070.

You could always use an AMD card that you know works.

0 Likes