cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

U28E590D - How to get consistent look from top to bottom when screen is rotated

Hello,

I just mounted my U28E590D monitor to a monitor arm. Because the VESA holes on the monitor are at the top, I had to mount the monitor upside down and then rotate the display 180 degrees (landscape flipped). This causes the lower part of the screen to be too dark (too dark may not be the best way to describe it, but it doesn’t look quite right). Samsung Magic Angle > Lean Back Mode 2 causes the top of the screen to be too light. Lean Back Mode 1 still leaves the lower part of the screen too dark/visually incorrect.

Is there anything I can do to get my screen to look consistent from top to bottom?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Astronaut

Re: U28E590D - How to get consistent look from top to bottom when screen is rotated

Simply hold down Control + Alt and then select the arrow key for which way you want your laptop or PC screen to face. Your monitor will then go blank briefly and return in a few seconds facing a different orientationTo restore this back to the original settings, press Control + Alt + the up arrow.

visit techinpack.com to get more information regarding this. 

Constellation

Re: U28E590D - How to get consistent look from top to bottom when screen is rotated

Thank you for responding, but that does not answer my question. I already rotated the screen orientation using my display adapter settings.

Astronaut

Hey, did you find an answer in a different way? Because i have the same problem.

Constellation

I was not able to adjust any monitor settings or display adapter settings to get a decent picture. I even chatted with a Samsung rep (via Facebook Messenger) and confirmed there aren’t settings I could adjust. Sorry for the bad news.

I decided the only solution would be to figure out a way to raise the monitor height. I used two C-clamps to attach a small wooden drawer to the back edge of my desk, and then attached my monitor arm to the top edge of the drawer. With the monitor arm up higher, I attached the monitor right-side up. I don’t know what the Samsung design engineers were thinking putting the VESA mount at the top of the monitor. Good luck!