Original topic:

Unable to get refund

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 09:22 AM)
Oleg2
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

To mods: this is a real problem that I need a help with.

I bought a 980 Pro SSD back in March which apparently had bad blocks which I didn't detect until May. So I sent it to Samsung for repairs. In a few days they determined that the SSD was defective and offered a refund which I accepted. The timeline was supposed to be 7-14 days. Now the nightmare begins.

This all happened at the end of May and since then Samsung neither sent a refund, nor is doing anything with my SSD. They have asked for my consent to refund several times already (phone calls and text messages). But they never responded to any of my emails or return text messages.

I have called them more than 10 times by now, escalated to supervisors, the ticket was given a high priority and sent for review (whatever that means). But nothing changes. It's been more than 2 months already and the ticket is still open and there is no way for me to get my money back. Customer service reps tell me they don't know what's going on, supervisors tell me they need some paperwork from some other Samsung department and no, I can't talk to that department. And in the meantime nothing happens.

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

While we apologize for the frustration, our mods are unable to assist with this inquiry.  You would have to call our memory team for assistance at 800-627-4368.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Oleg2
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I called memory team multiple times and they repeatedly keep telling me that they do not handle refund tickets. So your suggestion was attempted and did not work.

Oleg2
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

How is it possible that the mods don't even know that memory team does not handle refund tickets? Why would you even suggest something that is guaranteed to not work?

Can you please provide an alternative approach that does not involve calling the team which refuses to talk because they are not responsible for the refund ticket?

MissDiagnostics
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Oleg2 

If you have a ticket number that proves a refund was offered to you, you need to contact the sales department and give them that ticket number to start the process of your refund.

If all else fails and they're not able to provide a refund anymore, I would recommend you to start a warranty claim to either get the device repaired or replaced. Anything is better than NOTHING.

0 Likes