cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userX3L4Ix6imO
Constellation

Upgrading from 500gb 950 Pro to 2tb 960 Pro having difficulties

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've used the Samsung Data Migration software to clone the Os on my 950 Pro to the 960 Pro, but the 960 Pro will not show up in Bios and will not boot.  The drive shows up fine in the Windows Storage utility when I boot from the 950 Pro.  My MB is an Asus x99 Deluxe Bios 1103.  did I just buy a $1200 piece of tech that I can not use?  Using the 950 Pro was so effortless I'm surprised I'm having these difficulties.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userX3L4Ix6imO
Constellation

Re: Upgrading from 500gb 950 Pro to 2tb 960 Pro having difficulties

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I managed to find a solution.  My MB BIOS on my Asus x99 Deluxe was nearly 3 years out of date.  I bricked a X79 MB during a BIOS update so I switched to only updating BIOS when there is an actual issue.  Once I updated to the latest BIOS the MB recognized the 960 Pro and I was able to install it without further issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userX3Lalx6imO,

How do you have the 960 PRO connected? Is there anything different about your install of the 960 PRO versus the install of the 950 PRO?

userX3L4Ix6imO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I managed to find a solution.  My MB BIOS on my Asus x99 Deluxe was nearly 3 years out of date.  I bricked a X79 MB during a BIOS update so I switched to only updating BIOS when there is an actual issue.  Once I updated to the latest BIOS the MB recognized the 960 Pro and I was able to install it without further issue.