cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userTT36ij464A
Astronaut

Using SSD 970 Pro M.2 - Updated from NVMe Driver 3.1 to 3.2 and now frequent Win 10 crashes

I am running Windows 10 Pro (1909) x64. OS Build is: 18363.476

Using Samsung 970 Pro SSD M.2 for nearly one year with no problems (latest firmware).   After noticing that there is a newer NVMe 3.2 driver update (was using 3.1), I installed it (together with an update to version 6.0 of Samsung Magician).   For 2 days I had at least 4 BSOD crashes while using the PC. They happened randomly and even once it happened just 10 minutes after cold restart of the PC while only having Outlook and Word open.   I usually have at least 10-14 different Windows open and running the PC for 3-4 days without rebooting.

I have gone back to NVMe 3.1 driver (keeping Samsung Magician 6.0 on the PC, but it does not auto-run), and now have been running again crash-free for 2 days now.

Diagnostics on the 970 Pro SSD M.2 shows it completely good. I have never had any BIOS crashes at all on this machine before.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
user2gLQV41nFu
Astronaut

Re: Using SSD 970 Pro M.2 - Updated from NVMe Driver 3.1 to 3.2 and now frequent Win 10 crashes

I'm having the same issue with my 960pro. It seems NVMe 3.2 driver will cause system crash... In my case. I have a freshly installed Win10 1909, after installed the new NVMe 3.2 driver, my system won't log in to desktop anymore... Hope Samsung can fix it asap.

Re: Using SSD 970 Pro M.2 - Updated from NVMe Driver 3.1 to 3.2 and now frequent Win 10 crashes

Hi userTT36ij464A,

What kind of system are your using? Can you provide your system specifications?

The Samsung NVME Driver 3.2 was released several months ago and has been in use by a lot of users at this point. So I cannot say the 3.2 driver itself defective, I would assume there may be a driver conflict somewhere in the system.