Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user5Vu183LcY3
Constellation

Warranty for samsung enterprise SSD?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My SM1715 3.2TB died, apparently due to firmware issues. Tried to contact the enterprise support via email but never got any response. So how do I request a warranty for this? Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kvatto
Astronaut

Re: Warranty for samsung enterprise SSD?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You need to contact the seller of the drive.

If it came pre-installed in a system, then the warranty is subject to the terms and conditions you have with the OEM (even if Samsung warranty is 5 years, the warranty the OEM gives to its full system can be less).

If the drive was bought independently from a distributor or reseller, you need to file an RMA to the seller, who will then RMA the drive to whichever Samsung branch sold the drive initially.
8 REPLIES 8
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello user5Vu183LcY3,

Could you provide the email link or location on the Samsung website where you filled out the email form?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user5Vu183LcY3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

here

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/support/technical-resources/

My friend also called 1-800-726-7864, but the agent didn't provide any help.

By the way, it's a retail drive, originally in a box with no oem information, just samsung's.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello user5Vu183LcY3,

Unfortunately the unit you have(SM1715) is an OEM model not retail model and does not contain any warranty with Samsung Electronics America.

If the unit was originally attached to your machine, I would advise you to ask your manufacturer of your machine or if you purchased it seperately, to go back to your point of purchase.

Thank you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user5Vu183LcY3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can it be an oem drive, the P/N is MZPKI3T2HMJM-00003, not 000D3 dell version. It came with a box like this, there isn't any oem information on both the box and the drive, just samsung's markings. There must be a retail version. Thx.

case.png

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi user5Vu183LcY3,

The only Retail drives Samsung Electronics America supports are the 470, 830, 840, 840 PRO, 840 EVO, 750 EVO, 850 PRO, 850 EVO, 850 PRO, 950 PRO, 960 EVO, 960 PRO, 845 DC EVO, 845 DC PRO, PM863, SM863, PM863a, SM863a, Portable T1 , and Portable T3.

00003 indicates OEM, but not to any specific manufacturer.

user5Vu183LcY3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So there is no way to deal with this drive? Even through a simple MP with samsung's MP tools can save it? A solution with international shipping is acceptable too.

Or the only thing i can do is to use it for flash spare parts?

I thought Samsung boasted 5-year warranty for SM1715. Don't know does this claim do anything.

Thx.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello user5Vu183LcY3,

Unfortunately Samsung does not have any tools for OEM units.

Where did you see a 5 year warranty for the SM1715?

You can see the list of drives that Samsung provides warranty for here:

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/support/warranty.html

kvatto
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You need to contact the seller of the drive.

If it came pre-installed in a system, then the warranty is subject to the terms and conditions you have with the OEM (even if Samsung warranty is 5 years, the warranty the OEM gives to its full system can be less).

If the drive was bought independently from a distributor or reseller, you need to file an RMA to the seller, who will then RMA the drive to whichever Samsung branch sold the drive initially.