cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercxp0afbfg7
Asteroid

Where did this F:Partition come from and how do I get rid of it????

F: Partition

I have no idea where the F: partition came from.  How do I remove it?  The link will take you to an image on Flickr.  Use your browser's back button to return to this message.  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Where did this F:Partition come from and how do I get rid of it????

Can you please advise what device this came up on? 

usercxp0afbfg7
Asteroid

It's on the Samsung SSD as pictured.

Hello usercxp0afbfg7,

The extra partition you see there may be the drives boot partition, have you recently cloned to this drive? if you did, check your windows disk management tool to look at all drive partitions including hidden ones. Check your original drive and see if there is another partition on that drive that is similar to the f: drive in this SSD.

usercxp0afbfg7
Asteroid

The SSD has nearly 900 hours on it and the F: partition suddenly appeared two days ago.  I have no idea how it appeared or why and I would like to figure out how to remove it.

Highlighted
usercxp0afbfg7
Asteroid

My original drive didn't have an extra partition.  This f: drive is causing problems for me.  For some reason, I can't back up the SSD.  I will have to get rid of the SSD and switch back to my old HDD and try again.

userDt34HJ2y6E
Astronaut

chances are that the f partition showed up when a windows upgrade occurred.  Especially if it is very small and seems to have no data.  

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3706304/low-local-disk-warning-showing-update-shows-empty-click...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2003/cc757491(v=ws....

Inside diskpart the command is

select volume = f:

and then

remove  letter = f: