JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Where to Purchase a specific Samsung micro SD card?

(Topic created: 12-20-2019 12:02 AM)
userlL4zp1ufBQ
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello all and Happy Holidays,

I am on the lookout for a specific model Samsung micro SD memory card. It is a 256GB card, model #MB-MC256DA/AM, the US-warranted model. I am not really interesed in the adapter, just the card. I have been getting tossed around by Newegg and Amazon. It seems that all they sell is the "gray-market" #MB-MC256GA/EU, the EU-warranted model. 

Newegg shows a "DA/AM model for sale, but when I received my order, it was the GA/EU model. There seems to be a $30-40 price difference between the two models. I specifically want and paid for the higher priced US model. Newegg tried the old "bait-and-switch" fraud tactic on me. Amazon's on-site customer comments is rife with tales of people getting defrauded more often than not.

If someone knows of a good source for the DA/AM model, I would appreciate the contact info.

Cheers.

1boomer

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

Micro SD cards are located on samsung.com

https://www.samsung.com/us/search/searchMain?listType=g&searchTerm=micro+SD+card

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

Micro SD cards are located on samsung.com

https://www.samsung.com/us/search/searchMain?listType=g&searchTerm=micro+SD+card

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userlL4zp1ufBQ
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

Thank you so much for the link to Samsung.com. It would seem that I didn't search deep enough or something. I had previously found the 125GB and 512GB SD cards on the Samsung site, but not the 256GB SD cards. I have had spotty luck with Sandisk SD cards in the past, so I wanted to get a Samsung SD card.  As a result of my run-in with Newegg's bait and switch activity, I am looking forward to a full refund. However, since I received the "gray market" product via USPS, I filed a complaint with the USPS Postal Inspection Service about this attempted fraud. If I had wanted the grey market goods I would have ordered it. However, I wanted the US-warranted card, understanding that there is a $20-40 price difference. 

Happy Holidays !!

0 Likes