cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercxp0afbfg7
Asteroid

Which choice to make?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yesterday, I installed SSD 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III 1TB Model Number: MZ-76E1T0B/AM.  The install went well and thus far the SSD is running fast.  My question is this:  My computer is about six years old and I almost never power it down.  I leave it on 24/7.  Can I continue to leave my computer on 24/7 which using this SSD or will the SSD become "ruined" in some way by leaving my computer on 24/7?

To add:  While the computer is ON 24/7, that doesn't mean it's actively working 24/7.  For example, after 20 minutes of non-use, my monitor will power off but the computer remains active. 

Suggestions appreciated.  Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Which choice to make?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi usercxp0afbfg7,

leaving your system on 24/7 will not cause any harm to the SSDs. SSDs usually work their best when they have a constant supply of power. Power surges and long term powered off storage are examples of potentially bad situations for SSDs or the data stored on them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi usercxp0afbfg7,

leaving your system on 24/7 will not cause any harm to the SSDs. SSDs usually work their best when they have a constant supply of power. Power surges and long term powered off storage are examples of potentially bad situations for SSDs or the data stored on them.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
usercxp0afbfg7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much for your rely.  Since I leave my computer on 24/7, this is good news.