cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJWPn5FGJ7N
Constellation

X5 1TB SSD Write Speeds too Slow

I just got a 1TB X5 SSD and am only getting 350MB/S when writting a 10GB 4K video file to the drive.  I'm writing the file from an Evo 970 1TB NvME internal SSD so I would expect to get close to the full advertised performance.

Read speeds are fine, but write speeds tap out at 350MB/s which is not fast enough to justify the premium on this drive.  I've tried the drive on two different systems and with two different thunderbolt cables and same problem.  Is this a known issue with these drives?  Is the drive defective?

4 REPLIES 4
userTTYLUwCeMu
Astronaut

Re: X5 1TB SSD Write Speeds too Slow

Hey found your post through search. I have an SSD x5 500gig and it looks like I'm getting the same issue. Haven't found many other customers with X5 problems so far. 

The transfer speeds to and from my drive are very
slow. About 115mb/s max. Drops down to 10mb/s sometimes slower.

To troubleshoot I benchmarked the drive @ 1gib/s and 900mb/s
and 2.6gib/s READ but only 400mb/s-- 600mb/s WRITE speed. I used Crystal Disc Mark 7 to becnhmark.  I formatted the drive.
Changed "Removal Policy" to "Better Performance" with "Write Caching"--- No
difference in speed.

Here's my rig:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build
18363 ||| RAZER BLADE 15 X64 ||| Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @
2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) ||| BIOS Mode UEFI
||| Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB ||| NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
with Max-Q Design ||| THUNDERBOLT 3

I already put in a return order on it just waiting for UPS email.

Highlighted
Samsung_tvdMxLa
Constellation

Has anyone slowed this problem yet? I'm having the same issue. 

usersp0bgj0TtM
Astronaut

Having same problems. Tested on multiple machines. Tried new cables. Different benchmark programs. Different settings. Read speeds are fine, write speeds are slower than external HDD with USB3. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

For all solid-state drive questions, please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SSD support. The SSD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.