Original topic:

buggy Samsung g7 odyssey firmware 1014.1

(Topic created: 06-18-2022 03:51 AM)
userjmZduVg8Nw
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

hi i have a brand new g7 odyssey 2k 240hz and when i open a fullscreen app like a game it disconnects and reconnects (screen goes black for a sec then the displayport1 notification shows up) this happens in different places at random times, there have been some random ones when system is on desktop no app running or opening an app but mostly happens in windows booting and when opening fullscreen games. . this happens when windows is booting up too, two times in a row  when loading lockscreen with no password and after showing desktop for first time . i tested the motherboard graphic card and ram and cables all are fine no problem. all drivers are updated , tried every solution like putting on 8 bit mode , windows automatic color mode, disabling adaptive sync and i don't use HDR. any solution would be appreciated seems its a widespread issue from what i read.

0 Likes
2 Replies
usere9mOEmwBiq
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My friend is having the same issue. Please give me a suitable solution to this issue.

userBrcySugl3B
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

This has been a known issue for ages. The previous firmware had the same problems. Usually Samsung will eventually respond to these topics with a fix for a completely unrelated issue. If you ever get stuck in a loop of disconnects, you can fix it temporarily by switching between the two color settings option in the Nvidia Control Panel under Display/Change resolution/Apply the following settings (if you're on "Use NVIDIA color settings", change it to "Use default color settings" and vice versa), but it sounds like you're just having more 1-off disconnects. Still haven't seen a fix for that.