cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitten
Asteroid

c32hg70 black is not black

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently bought this monitor and while I do enjoy the vibrant colours it can produce the blacks aren't really that black. There seem to be a lot of backlight bleeding. I took a picture of it as seen below but that shows it a lot worse then that it actually is.

It's connected via the provided Displayport cable.

On GPU level I have a colour temperature of 6500k

Picture mode is the standard custom one

brightness 60

contrast 75

sharpness 60

black equializer 20

local dimming off

2017-07-17 22.29.47.jpg

The following pictures are:

brightness 60

contrast 75

sharpness 60

black equializer 20

local dimming on

2017-07-17 22.41.26.jpg

2017-07-17 22.41.45.jpg

Also is it correct that the standard freesync only covers a range of 90-120 and ultimate 80-120 ?

The gpu in question is a 290 tri-x.

Will this be any better with the upcoming Vega gpu's ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: c32hg70 black is not black

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Also is it correct that the standard freesync only covers a range of 90-120 and ultimate 80-120 ?" - > Yes, I can confirm this one from the get go. 

" Will this be any better with the upcoming Vega gpu's ?" - > Honestly don't know, I tend to only give an opinion after I have seen it in action. Could go either way really. 

The fist picture to me depicts what I call clouding, which can really only be fixed by properly installing a new panel. A new panel does not always fix it though as panel repairs for any Screen/size can be a toss up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: c32hg70 black is not black

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Also is it correct that the standard freesync only covers a range of 90-120 and ultimate 80-120 ?" - > Yes, I can confirm this one from the get go. 

" Will this be any better with the upcoming Vega gpu's ?" - > Honestly don't know, I tend to only give an opinion after I have seen it in action. Could go either way really. 

The fist picture to me depicts what I call clouding, which can really only be fixed by properly installing a new panel. A new panel does not always fix it though as panel repairs for any Screen/size can be a toss up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.