JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

cannot access key feature guide U28R55

(Topic created: 08-16-2021 10:28 AM)
mawo
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My monitor has a JOG button and it only shows Eye Saver, Brightness, and Contrast (up/down) or Volume (left/right). I cannot open the normal menu by pressing it without direction. This problem has occurred before, but wasn't publicly solved.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/No-OSD-menu-can-t-access-key-feature-guide-U...

5 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! The jog button not working can cause some concern. If the steps on that post does not help then the only solution available would be service. You will have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes
userRrml3PGFlS
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

My monitor has a JOG button and it only shows Eye Saver, Brightness, and Contrast. I cannot open the normal menu to change sources or any other settings. I have tried holding the JOG button down for 10+ seconds in every direction. I have tried powering it off for 60 seconds. I cannot do a factory reset because I cannot access the menu.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

I understand this is frustrating for you. It sounds like the Menu Lock is on. The following steps are on page 10 of the user guide.

0 Likes
userRrml3PGFlS
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you,

Unfortunately, I cannot access the 'Menu' option because nothing pops up when I press in the JOG button.

userRrml3PGFlS
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Is there anything else I can try?