cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

flickring on 32in Odyssey G7 curved monitor

I getting flickring on my monitor when playing a game at 240hz but when I switch it to 120hz it goes away, do I have a bad panel? I payed alot of money in order to play ay 240 and don't want to go to 120 and I all up to date on the firmware on the monitor and driver firmware 1005.2

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: flickring on 32in Odyssey G7 curved monitor

We're sorry to hear that! How is the monitor connected to the PC? Have you tried another source?

Highlighted
Asteroid

With a DisplayPort cable and I tried the one that came with the monitor and 1 that I bought and the flickering is still their,  I saw on a different forum that theirs a new firmware on the Samsung Korean website does the one fix the isssue? The firmware is something like 1006

Highlighted
Asteroid

With a DisplayPort cable and I tried the one that came with the monitor and 1 that I bought and the flickering is still their,  I saw on a different forum that theirs a new firmware on the Samsung Korean website does the one fix the isssue? The firmware is something like 1006

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you checked for updates for the video card on the computer?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes I'm up to date on all my firmwares 

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi Lou.

Sorry for interfering but its related to the flickering problem on this monitor. I am planning to buy this monitor but as far as i can see this is a very common problem (i did my research).

I know that as a Moderator you may not have this knowledge but do you know if Samsung acknowledged the flickering problem and is working on a resolutiuon?

Regards.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Samsung has been working with NVidia to resolve this issue. The website https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/ is listing the necessary driver for the Odyssey G7 and G9 monitors as 'upcoming' from NVidia, which will enable the G-Sync compatibility.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

But it shows the 32 compatible already, should I send it  for a replacement or repair? And is it a firmware problem or hardware problem? Thanks

Highlighted
Asteroid

This may as well be false information. The flickering issue is still persisting for almost every 32" G7 user despite being listed as compatible.
Nobody should buy this monitor until there is an actual fix as confirmed by a third party reviewer, and by then, there will be far better options for the same price.