SamsungLou that's one sensitive filter. Feel free to delete any duplicate posts above.
EDIT: It took me 5 attempts to post the above due to their being a "bad" word in what I wrote. Apparently the word s p a m is a bad word. I typed it between the words "sensitive" and "filter" above, to create a perfectly acceptable sentence but nope, not allowed. But yet there is no spell checker built in. My goodness this forum is so stressful.
My issue has now been resolved. I plugged the SSD into a SATA port on my motherboard controlled by the Intel chipset rather than the Marvell controller and hey presto, Magician finds the drive.
I have now successfully updated my firmware and everything is looking good.
Initially, although Magician found the drive, AHCI was disabled. Once I updated the firmware of the drive and restarted my PC, this then changed to Activated.
Marvell Sata controllers in 2013 when your board was built were noted for not playing nice.
To aggravate the problem they were designed for Sata 1 drives and are totally out of their element with newer high performance Sata 3 SSDs.
When I used to use Sata drives I always stayed with the Intel ports. All NVME and no Sata now.
We apologize, those posts were tagged by the spam filters. They will be visible shortly.