cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMhYmtDYRO4
Constellation

Re: "This drive is not supported" SSD 860 EVO 1TB, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Memory Product Expert -1, thanks I will try that tomorrow.

userMhYmtDYRO4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungLou that's one sensitive filter. Feel free to delete any duplicate posts above.

EDIT: It took me 5 attempts to post the above due to their being a "bad" word in what I wrote. Apparently the word s p a m is a bad word. I typed it between the words "sensitive" and "filter" above, to create a perfectly acceptable sentence but nope, not allowed. But yet there is no spell checker built in. My goodness this forum is so stressful.

Highlighted
userMhYmtDYRO4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE:

My issue has now been resolved. I plugged the SSD into a SATA port on my motherboard controlled by the Intel chipset rather than the Marvell controller and hey presto, Magician finds the drive.

I have now successfully updated my firmware and everything is looking good.

Initially, although Magician found the drive, AHCI was disabled. Once I updated the firmware of the drive and restarted my PC, this then changed to Activated.

Memory Product Expert -1   Thank you for your assistance.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Marvell Sata  controllers in 2013 when your board was built were noted for not playing nice.

To aggravate the problem they were designed for Sata 1 drives and are totally out of their element with newer high performance Sata 3 SSDs.

When I used to use Sata drives I always stayed with the Intel ports.  All NVME and no Sata now.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We apologize, those posts were tagged by the spam filters. They will be visible shortly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.