Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userpaQ7ypQX4p
Constellation

samsung evo 860 low iops and performance optimization not showing

Hey, 

i using Windows 10 64 bit pro.

I just migrated my system from samsung 840 evo sata, to samsung 860 evo sata.

I am using sata3 and i didn't have running anything on background.

I have disabled superfetch and prefetch and dos 8.3 name creation and timestamps.

And in benchmark i get only 50k/43k iops. And there is not showing peroformance optimization for my new ssd.

Otherwise my spec intel i7 3770k 4,1ghz, 1600 mhz ram ddr3 cl9, ahci enabled. So i am surprised, iops are that low.

I have cheap mobo, not sure if that is problem, it still has sata 3: gigabyte b75m-d2v if i remember correctly.

From one thread some guy rolled back to previous bios and fixed his issue, should i try that, or it could be my mobo is just trash.

EDIT: Could be because i am using sata drivers from microsoft 2006, but i have reasons for that, 50k read and write is okay tho, i think i keep them.

I have a qustion tho, while there is no option for over provisioning for evo 860 500gb and no perfomance optimization.

4 REPLIES 4
userpaQ7ypQX4p
Constellation

Re: samsung evo 860 low iops and performance optimization not showing

Bump. How come there is not perf optimization for samsung evo 860 ?

userpaQ7ypQX4p
Constellation

Noone answer, really ?

The 860 can easily saturate a Sata 3 channel provided the attached computer has the speed and power to do so.  Your MB has 5 Sata 2 ports and One Sata 3 port.  Any drive to drive work is going to be at the Sata 2 rate.

Performance optimization on a marginal computer with a high performance drive is akin to putting lipstick on a pig.

Hanging a single Sata 3 port on a 7 yr old Sata 2 MB is just marketing hype.

These days I don't even use Sata 3 drives in my computer.  It's 100% NVME drives on the MB.  8 drives for 14TB storage.  Makes for a clean installation with no power or Sata cables and the NVME's are 7 times faster than the fastest Sata 3.  Upgrade your computer and the Sata 3 SSD will be happy.

userpaQ7ypQX4p
Constellation

I am not upgrading, to buy new cpu and everything, it is fine... Perfomance optimization isn't useless. There was a prefomance issue with evo 840 and it increased iops about 10 thousands.

I just wonder why there is no optimization for 860. I have decent perfomance 50k is okay. But i can use things to my disposal, so i just wonder why there is not optimization for 860. And i am using sata 3 for this one.