JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

samsung g9 powers off if mac is shut down

(Topic created on: 12/30/20 3:30 PM)
NullHappens
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I ordered a samsung g9 recently that is experiencing something weird.  I use the monitor for work and gaming so i have the monitor connected to both display port 1 and display port 2, one going to a macbook pro and one going to a windows pc.

For whatever reason, if i turn off my mac, the monitor will power off and remain unresponsive (led light doesnt light up and none of the buttons work) even though my pc is powered on.  I have upgraded firmware to latest on my monitor and pc graphics card and running latest drivers.  I have switched display ports for both my mac and pc. Turning both computers off and booting up only the pc doesnt work as the monitor will only turn on once the mac is turned on.  The only real solution that ive found to this issue is unplugging the monitor from the wall once the mac is turned off, once i plug the monitor back in, it will turn on and display video coming from the pc as usual.

2 Replies
usernRZP8Lbsid
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue. Have you received a repsonse or found a solotion?

0 Likes
Solution
NullHappens
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I was able to actually solve the issue by replacing my DisplayPort cables for certified DisplayPort 1.4 cables.  There are a LOT of options available on amazon but it seems the DisplayPort standard is finicky especially with high end displays like this one so you gotta buy one that is "certified".  Heres the one i got which resolved my issue 100% https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087QJ4WHR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps and good luck

View solution in context

0 Likes