cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

samsung pc monitor

Hi.  New to group.  There was no category to choose for a PC monitor.  I am a avid samsung user.  I have several tv's and monitors.  I recently purchased a 27" curved monitor to replace my standard 24" monitor I used on a PC.  It just arrived so haven't installed it yet.  I did remove the 24" and brought to my cabin location where I wanted to replace my 19" Lenovo monitor.  I am using the lenovo monitor on a Lenovo laptop.

All wire connections were the same.  Power cord and usb cable.  I removed the 19" and installed the 27".  It powered up and showed my wallpaper and bottom toolbars.  But no favorite sites.  If I clicked on any item in the toolbar, it went no where.  It showed up on laptop but not monitor.  I tried using the menu on lower portion of monitor.  I think its supposed to be auto detect of analog or digital.  Apparently its not doing that.  I think its on analog and I don't know how to select digital.  The menu options, etc. don't help.  I removed the 24" and replaced the 19" and all is well again.  How do I get my 24" to interface with my laptop?  I'm not the best when it comes to PC electronics.  The 24" monitor is a 2243BWX, MY22WS.  I know it is several years old and don't remember if I needed a driver disc or not.  I did go in and update samsung drivers and checked the samsung site for a driver or update and it said nothing available.  This is so easy a task, I can't believe I have to ask for help.  lol

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: samsung pc monitor

Are you connecting the monitor with the PC turned off or on? What OS are you running on the laptop? Power off the laptop, connect the monitor and power the monitor on. Then power on the laptop and see if this helps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Supernova

@userKsL1gXuUOH sorry to hear of this issue. 

You might find these guides helpful:

Do the above articles help you? If so let us know by replying here with which step.

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Constellation

I tried the suggestions, but nothing helped.  I have windows 10, went into control panel, devices, monitors and the monitor was already listed plus the generic.  I choose drivers and search for update.  Windows comes back saying I already have the most up to date driver????   Nothing brings it in.  I saw it showed as analog.  Is that correct.  Thought it should be digital.  When I first turn the monitor on, in the left hand corner it flashes digital then analog for a few seconds.  Isn't it supposed to automatically choose the correct one.   

I disconnected it and put the 19" back on and as soon as I plug it in and turn on, I have my screen?????    I guess my Lenovo laptop doesn't like the Samsung.  I might have to sell the Samsung 27" and get  a 27" Lenovo. 

Highlighted
Supernova

@userKsL1gXuUOH sorry to hear this isn't working still:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00085842/

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-change-the-input-signal-with-external-devic...

Do the above articles help you? If so let us know by replying here with which step.

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!