cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

setting resolution on U32J59 monitor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just purchased a U32J59 monitor and am setting it up on my Windows 10 Pro laptop (via a docking station). It is using a DisplayPort cable. The highest resolution offered by Windows 10 is 1920; I would like to set it to a higher resolution. How do I get Windows to offer the higher resolutions that the monitor supports?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: setting resolution on U32J59 monitor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's awesome that it is working now! I would recommend reaching out to HP for support with the docking station. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should be able to right-click your desktop and from that menu go to display settings>Advanced display settings>Resolution from there you should be able to set the resolution. If you have an Nvidia or AMD graphics card you can change the resolution from there perspective control panels. The link below is the user manual and on page 44 it will show you the supported resolutions for your monitor.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201911/20191121170319456/BN46-00904A-Eng.pdf

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your response.

When I enter "Advanced Display Settings" from the Settings window as you explained, it has no option for setting resolution. After choosing the U32J59x display, it shows "Display information" as the following:

Desktop resolution 1920 x 1080

Active signal resolution 1920 x 1080

Refresh rate (Hz) 59 Hz

Bit depth 8-bit

Color format RGB

Color space Standard dynamic range(SDR)

All of that info is display-only

There is a link below that for "Display adapter properties for Display 3"; clicking on it displays a window for "Generic PnP Monitor and Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 Properties". The adapter is "Intel(R) HD Graphics 620". The "Monitor" tab on that popup displays the monitor type as "Generic PnP Monitor", leading me to believe it isn't using driver software specific to the Samsung monitor. If I click the "Properties" button it also shows "Generic PnP monitor".

Is there a way for me to get it to recognize that it has higher resolutions?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does yours look like this? Also with the docking station how do you have it connected to your laptop? It could be not letting the resolution go above 1080. Could you try connecting the laptop directly to the monitor via HDMI? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks again. Yes, when I connect the display directly to the laptop, it has a Display resolution of 3840 x 2160, which it selected by default.

Is there a way to increase or update the resolution allowed by the docking station? I would have thought, since it provides DisplayPort sockets, that it would support the UHD resolution. It's an HP, and purchased within the last few months.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's awesome that it is working now! I would recommend reaching out to HP for support with the docking station. 

View solution in original post