27" S27E310 Monitor - auto on/off?

Constellation

27" S27E310 Monitor - auto on/off?

Hello!

I bought the S27E310 a few weeks ago from Staples.  Does it have an auto on/off or sleep mode?  Having the button behind the screen is in an inconvenient place and I'd like to have it sleep and wake up when I turn my PC on or off.  Is that possible?

SIde questions I also have are is it possible to control the monitor settings via PC software or just the on-screen menu? And the text seems a little jagged - is there a setting I'm missing to adjust the clarity?  Auto-adjust doesn't seem to work for PC input.

Thanks for your help!

-Allan

6 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: 27" S27E310 Monitor - auto on/off?

Have you tried to update your drivers? Your device should have sleep mode option available to you. 

As for controlling the monitor via the PC. We do not have an software that will do this. I am sorry. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I downloaded the newest drivers when I was checking for any software for it.  But I'm not sure if drivers will help since the computer would be off when I want it to go to sleep.  =)

I've left it for like 5 minutes and it looks like it finally goes to sleep.  I was hoping for something a little quicker or a setting to control.  I found a timer to turn it off but I think that's for turning it off after an hour of sleep.

Samsung Moderator

Oh I see, sorry for the confusion. So you want the monitor to turn completely off when you turn your computer off and then Turn on when you turn on your computer. Sadly this isn't an option. I'm sorry. Sleep mode is really the only option. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

so you are saying that the monitor cannot ever be turned off ? mine is 1 week old and burning hot, have been on for 1 week, I want to turn it off completely, not sleep mode

Samsung Moderator

useraoXpzC4IB7, if you want to turn it off, you will need to use the toggle. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

hey,

kind of the same question, i tried to turn it off with the toggle but it doesn't work...

what is the excact way to use the toggle to turn it off?

thank you!