C49hg90dm power-up glitch

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: C49hg90dm power-up glitch

[ Edited ]

@SamsungCole

I appreciate your suggestion but considering that the exact same issue has affected five different units (including one replacement) across three countries (USA, Canada and France) and that all were purchased within the last two months, wouldn't this warrant escalating these reports to a global support team to raise awareness about what is possibly a manufacturing defect affecting all units from a recent production batch and hopefully determine if this is fixable via firmware update?

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Ok, I plugged it to an outlet but the issue still happen.

We are especially worried about the long term durability, if someone could reassure us.

Constellation

@usertwgLDE7Itl

If I may ask, where did you purchase the monitor? Do they have a flexible refund/exchange policy? If so, are you still within the return period?

Constellation

I bought it on order in an electronic shop. I'm still in the return period but the monitor has a 2 years warranty.

Constellation

@usertwgLDE7Itl

I'm also within the return period, but here in Canada the warranty is just 1 year.

I really like this monitor but at the same time, I'm very concerned about its reliability. Unfortunately, Amazon.ca no longer carries it so I'm not sure if an exchange will be possible so I'm leaning towards returning it for a refund.

Highlighted
Constellation

The problem is the unknown source of the issue that seems to be widespread. Maybe the monitor can work 100 years like this or not. I hope samsung will investigate this.

Samsung Moderator

@dcasa Unfortunately there is not a Global Support team in the same way that you see support teams for each individual country. Samsung as a whole is indeed a global company, but each Country is it's own entity and handles it's own cases. Samsung US only handles US devices, Samsung UK only handles UK devices and so-on. The mods here are based for US support, so we are happy to help with US devices. If the device was purchased outside of the US though, you will have to reach out to the support team in your area for assistance. I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

@SamsungCole

Ok, I understand, thanks for clarifying.

Constellation

Hi

I am from France and i have exactly the same problem

I have bought this unit the 10 december 2018 at Boulanger Store

Here my post on France samsung community with picture of problem

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Autres/Ecran-C49HG90-PC-image-hachur%C3%A9e-lors-de-l-allumage-d...

Constellation

Same problem here in the UK, guess it's going back and I'll wait for the new 1440p model