Cf791 occasional popping and blank screen requiring reset or source change

Constellation

Cf791 occasional popping and blank screen requiring reset or source change

Hello, I just recently received my Samsung cf791 and enjoying the monitor. However I'm worried I might have gotten a defective unit? 

The issue is that while using the motor, I occasionally get a pop sound and the screen goes blank. This requires me to change the source to hdmi and then back to displayport to get the windows image back again. I've read on some other monitors it could be a displayport 1.2 issue? I'm going to try to plug in the new displayport cable that came with it because I'm using my old one, but one time I had to unplug the power source and plug it back in to get the monitor to even power up.  Is  this unusual behavior? I picked this monitor over a bunch of other choices, so it's disappointing if I got a defective product after paying so much. 

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cf791 occasional popping and blank screen requiring reset or source change

How long does it take before this issue starts?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the rely. I haven't tracked it extensively yet, but it seems to be random. Sometimes it's 10 mins of use, other times I can use it for an hour without any problems. I will try changing the displayport cable to make sure that's not an issue. My computer is pretty powerful with an z170a motherboard, core i7 6700k and an msi 1080 graphics card. It will happen randomly, sometimes just surfing the web. Cycling the source fixes it every time so far. Also I noticed that the power plug doesn't go flush into the monitor in the back. It's the supposed  to be a small gap between the monitor and the plastic portion of the plug (meaning some of the metal of the power plug is visible even when I push it in flush). 

Thanks

Samsung Moderator

Let us know what happens after you swap the DP cable.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I swapped  out the cable with the Samsung display port cable that came in the box. In limited use so far, I haven't had anymore of the screen going blank issues. Upon further research, the displayport cable which I purchase awhile ago actually has reviews stating that it has issues with high refresh rate monitors, so that seems to be the culprit. Hope this helps anyone else who comes here looking for a solution. Loving the monitor! 

Samsung Moderator

We're glad that you're now up and running Smiley Happy