Android 7.0 nougat update for galaxy s8 plus

Highlighted
Constellation

Updated my S8 plus on Metro PC today and now the camera app will not open unless I allow location and microphone access to app. Called Samsung helpdesk and that call it an improvement. Maybe for them not me. So uless I allow the access there new and improved cameras are paper weights to me. Any way around this?

2 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Android 7.0 nougat update for galaxy s8 plus

Hi @usertSxaUU2CTe I understand not wanting to accept these permissions for security reasons however you can accept them and then go back into the Camera settings and turn off features like the Location Tag, which attaches, embeds and stores the location of where you took a picture. If you'd like, I can share the steps on how to locate this.

it simply means the camera app was updates with the new permissions method introduced in Android 6. prior to this, you were already giving these permissions, you're just being made aware of it now because the permissions are explicitly requested. if it makes you feel any better, these are common permissions for a camera app. The location permission allows them to tag the photo metadata with the location it was taken and the microphone permission is for recording video. You can download alternative camera apps from the play store but most, if not all, will request these permissions as well