Are you releasing a Galaxy S9 ACTIVE or not?

Astronaut

Are you releasing a Galaxy S9 ACTIVE or not?

I have purchased the Active model of the Galaxy S5-S7.

A thicker bezel and heftier battery in the Note is NOT going to do it for me. 

If you aren't going to release an Active Model of the Galaxy S9, please let us know so we can start looking at other phones. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/08/19/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-cancel-upgrade-release-da...

21 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Are you releasing a Galaxy S9 ACTIVE or not?

I've been waiting for this information as well.  Unfortunately, reports and rumors on the net are that it will not be coming.  Since the S9 was not much of an upgrade over the S8, sales suffered.  Why upgrade only to have the same phone?  The same result would be expected by releasing an S9 Active version at this time.  Even the Note 9 isn't any great improvement over the S9, except for the addition of a stylus.  I work in an extremely rough invironment, where the average phone can't possibly survive.  The active models allowed me to have a nice phone that was more rugged without carrying around a brick , or a rugged case making it a brick.  Maybe they'll bring it back for an S10 Active, but by then I think they'll be surprised by how many loyal followers they will have lost.  After owning the last 3 Active models, I may be moving on.

Astronaut

Really!! The secrecy does not help promote a loyal customer base. I can't wait any longer since my current phone is suffering from multiple consussions, stress and often times dimentia. I have been looking at the CAT S61 or the Ulefone T3 as an alternative.  

Asteroid

I also would really like to know the answer to this question. The public needs to be addressed about this.

I will not buy a S9 because its going to break.

I will not buy a Note 9 because its going to break.

I am currently using the S7 Active, and i can play football with it and go swimming and take underwater pictures.

Your current lineup cannot do this and never will.

I have been waiting since the beginning of this year to purchase the new Active this year, just to  find out it will not be released ? 

Do you know what that does to customer loyalty ?

I will never look at your phones again, not because you didnt release an active, but because you kept this a secret and delayed and delayed and did not allow us to keep some form of decision making.

The more i think about this the more angry i become.

Best Regards,

Astronaut

I am with you. I bought the S7 Edge, within few days on first drop in a case and screen protector, the front glass shattered. I will never buy another samsung phone that has the curved edge. I think they will lose me as a customer if they do not continue releasing Active versions of the phone. Been since using Galaxy line since 3.
Constellation

Wow and still no answer. That really stinks Samsung. 

Constellation

My S7 active is ceasing to be and I need something durable. Is there anything being released this year that is durable (as well as waterproof)?

Astronaut

Hello.

I own the s8 active and wouldn't switch it up for ANY phone out there.

I've too played football with it and taken pics/videos underwater.

I'm also confident no other phone out will handle this abuse, Every facedrop to the floor is no concern!

Get the S8 active, You won't regret it, It's very fast, And hasn't slowed a bit over the last year without need of system reset.

Best you can do till the S10 active or whatever is next arrives!

Asteroid

Hi, just to start I'm 32 years old and owned over 35 cell phones throughout that time. I owned the first iPhone as well as first android HTC G1. I have always worked physical jobs, and it got to the point (flimsier, thinner smartphones), where I had to replace my phones 3-4 times a year, as you can imagine that got very expensive. That was until I found galaxy s5 active, practically unbreakable phone with huge replaceable battery and the rest same specs as current galaxys. Then I got s6 active, which i still consider the best phone i ever had. Things started to change a bit when i got s7active, for some unknown to me reason they have abandoned the idea of replaceable battery in an outdoorsy phone and abandoned plastic covers for the ports, making it slightly less waterproof, but it actually raised mil spec of it, so I figured it should be ok. S7 active, still a great phone and a big plus were physical buttons, which were abandoned for s8 active and phone itself was basically hideous (especially that awful gold). I was a little disappointed, but my s7active was still under contract, not to mention that it was and still is in perfect condition, I decided to skip s8 active altogether and just get s9 active. So with the new speculations of specs coming out, I was really excited, even skipped few amazing deals on s8active/s9, just to find out that it might never come out. I'm sincerely disappointed in this decision Samsung made and if it's TRUE, as soon as I find something comparable to what s9 active could've been, I'm done with Samsung products forever, just as I did with apple...

Constellation

Me too! This pisses me off.  Currently using S7 Active.  I'm  not buying a 9 ANYTHING, except active, or, someone else's phone all together.