Are you releasing a Galaxy S9 ACTIVE or not?

Constellation

Re: Are you releasing a Galaxy S9 ACTIVE or not?

Speculate... how about now? When is the active coming out? No speculation need to know so I can buy it. 

Astronaut

I bought the S8 Active because I need something that can handle physical abuse at times. Other phones have always let me down. I have a friend that had the same phone and loved it and crawled under a car on gravel and punched a hole in the screen. Was all excited about an S9 Active till he was told that they are not available. Curved screen phones are trash or get that way real quick. My friend bought an S9 and could not be more down about an S9 Active not being available. I am so glad I have my S8 Active. The only thing that I am disappointed about is that with my large hands I need a case and love the Otter Box softer rubber cases but they don't make any cases for the S8 Active.  Can't have it all I guess and Samsung holding off on info about the S9 Active would make me mad as well.

Constellation

SAMSUNG most people over the years have waited for this particular phone to come out. Its possibly the reasons your sales dropped on previous models was because the active phone line is built so durable that there hasn't been a need to replace such a sturdy phone.. Until now.. Maybe you guy are trying to close that gap with time I don't know.. Me currently.. Im still using a s5 active, it's got a cracked screen and the occasionally hiccups but she still does what I need it too.. But honestly, I'm wanting to upgrade now preferable to a s9 active. If there was such a thing.. You guys should really tell the public something like if one is coming or not so decisions can be made as to buy something else or look at other options. 

Astronaut

It looks pretty clear there will not be an S9 active so everybody needs to get over that. Buy apple,  buy anything you want. I found a really good S8 active on eBay for less than $300 and jumped on it.  Love it and not looking back.  Maybe someday Samsung will get it together but for now everyone has to find a way to deal with it so buy a competitor's product or stick with the S8 active, no other choices right now.

Astronaut

It is amazing the Samsung does not care about it customers, enough to even answer questions. Well two losers in this...first Samsung for dropping the ball on the S9active...and companies like ATT who were dedicated licensed re-sellers of the Active series....So now ATT will lose cause the only reason I stayed with their lousy service was for the Active series.......
Samsung was worried about sales dropping on the Active Series....should have allowed more companies to sell them.......Bad business Samsung all the way around
Constellation

I broke 2 Galaxy s8's then got the s8 active. I'm never going to buy a non "rugged" phone again.  

Your move Samsung .

Constellation

Thanks for asking this question. It tells me I am not alone. Neither in my still using an S7 Active nor in my anger over zero communication from Samsung about the discontinuation of the Active line. 

Now my options are either replace my S7A battery (which I CANNOT locate for purchase anywhere) or research/buy a different rugged phone. I am unimpressed enough with Samsung's total silence on this for that next device to be from a different manufacturer. What part of "Just communicate with loyal fans who are suffering through aging devices waiting for the opportunity to give you money for the next version of their favorite device" do they not understand?

They've cancelled the Active line and STILL haven't mentioned a single peep or whisper about it. I am not going to hold my breath through S10 releases, with no mention of an Active.

Has anyone found a good rugged phone?

What are you replacing your S7A with?

Astronaut

Ebay is your friend when it comes to covers/cases for the S8 active.

Astronaut

I've been an active owner since the S4. Had every single one except the 8 because there wasnt much of a difference over the 7 and my 7 still works. I was eagerly anticipating an s9 release hoping they would finally bring the dual rear cameras into play. I'm disappointed that we haven't hear anything on this. I think everyone in the market can benefit from a phone like the active series, they're tough as nails and honestly the future of devices that adapt to its users lifestyle instead of the other way around. I hope there is some communication soon as I am now considering other options in terms of brand. Please make an announcement soon