Are you releasing a Galaxy S9 ACTIVE or not?

Constellation

Re: Are you releasing a Galaxy S9 ACTIVE or not?

I had been waiting to upgrade my s7 active to an s9 active so it really upset when it never came out.

Really bad buisness on Samsung's part not to make an announcement for the people who were waiting, I may have even settled for a normal s9 if I knew the active was never coming out. 

My s7 active actually got stolen and my phone insurance sent me an s8 active as a replacement.

I borrowed someones iphone 7 to use in the meantime while my s8 was being shipped to me and, honestly, I will probably end up switching over to an iPhone if the active line is still discontinued the next time I want to upgrade.

I have had an active since the s4 (skipping the s6 when they removed microsd capability) and have always loved the durability of this line.

Asteroid

This. Exactly this.

@user7vOqZcm3jO wrote:

I had been waiting to upgrade my s7 active to an s9 active so it really upset when it never came out.

Really bad buisness on Samsung's part not to make an announcement for the people who were waiting, I may have even settled for a normal s9 if I knew the active was never coming out. 

The Active always came out later than the other models so I kept waiting and waiting; even had the battery replaced in my S7A. Bought the S8 Active for my wife when she lost her S7A, but I was waiting and waiting. Meanwhile Samsung knew a LONG time ago they weren't doing the S9A. 

I'm not even angry that they didn't make it; I'm incredibly frustrated and disappointed that they NEVER would answer the question. It's completely and utterly ridiculous to ignore any and all inquiries on the matter.

I was putting up with their ridiculous insistence on their own app store, etc, because the S7A was such a stellar device. Now I'm totally over it. 

I'll either root and custom rom my S7A or I'll check out another rugged phone. I'm done with them.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

YES, it will be released between January 15 - 18, 2019.

I got this info from an AT&T sales men who got this from a Samsung rep 2-3 weeks ago. In addition, there will be a new phone comming out that noone is allow to talk about.

I am without a phone for the next 3 weeks ;/... willing to wait... 

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Wait, what?!? Are you serious? You're saying Samsung is releasing an S9 ACTIVE in mid January? How do you know this, and is there literally any further information? Flat screen, what battery, etc, etc?

Has this source been reliable in the past about upcoming things? Besides the S9A, is this other secret phone in the rugged class?

And, the fact that I'm even asking these questions is part of the problem. If Samsung would confirm or deny that would be great. I'm not going to wait if a good deal pops up on another phone.

Constellation

Finally I cracked my s9+ screen dropping from like 2 feet. No more curved screens for me. I can live with this cracked screen becouse I will not pay 400 dollars to replace the screen glass. My last kind of curved screen phone.

Asteroid

Naturally, they won't answer.  Really really nice, samsung.

Astronaut

i'm only buying an active or im switching