AutoCorrect & Suggestions not showing In Google Search Bar using Samsung Keyboard, Verizon Note8

Constellation

AutoCorrect & Suggestions not showing In Google Search Bar using Samsung Keyboard, Verizon Note8

When I am in the Google Search Bar in Chrome or Samsung Internet I do not get Word Suggestions or AutoCorrect above the Samsung Keyboard.  So I have to type perfect in order to do a search.  

I have cleared cache in the Samsung Keyboard as well as Google Chrome to no avail.

Is this an issue for anyone else?  Is it only me that it bothers?  I sure hope not...

Samsung, please fix this on your next software update.

7 REPLIES
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue with the Samsung Keyboard Predictive text. It shows up on some applications but not all anymore. We noticed it after the last update and have done all of the suggestions and cleared the cache on the whole phone, etc. I reported it on here to Samsung a month or two ago. I keep checking for updates to fix the problem and there aren't any yet. I'm looking for them to at least acknowledge that this is an issue the are working on but haven't even seen that so far.
Constellation

Great, I sure hope they come up with a fix soon... it's annoying for sure... Samsung, please acknowledge this is an issue, there's more than one person reporting it...

Yes I have the same issue. my fingers and brain move too fast. I constantly now have typos because the predictive text isn't working correctly. It's annoying. So far I'm not impressed with this S8.

i found the Note 8 setting for text prediction, and I want to turn that on, BUT why is that feature attached to auto correct? I do not want auto-correct, and my last 3 android phones allowed me to choose a correction option by tapping it, but it would not auto-correct if I did not tap the suggestions. The only choices are both or neither on the Note 8. If this is not fixed I will need to download a new messaging app, keyboard app (which is where I thought this setting was) or return the phone.
Pilot

I downloaded the Gboard app and set as my default...so far so good Good luck
Constellation

same here. At&t Note 8. driving me nuts. also downloaded Gboard no difference, even on Google! and Gboard can't use all caps.
Pilot

Download Gboard and use it as your default keyboard that's what I have done and have no problems