Direction of Development -unhappy!

Constellation

Direction of Development -unhappy!

[ Edited ]

Can I vent? I am angry.

I am new here and.. a long time Samsung phone user. This is not for moderators but for direct employees of Samsung directly. I am angry at the trend of development:

1. Tired of obsession with bezels. They have been good enough. Leave them alone. I want quality instead. What is the stupid obsession with bezels. Real men dont care.

2. Too much focus on stupid stuff. People listen to music so where is the priority of forward facing speakers? I don't care about cosmetics. Get it done. I am tired of listening to music from weird places like the rear.

3. Thin thin thinner! Phones are thin enough 3 no years ago. I can't even hold the darn thing anymore w**?

4. In display sensor? who cares? I want speakers in the front so i can listen to my darn music!

5. Headphone jack? Yes and end of discussion. People want it stop tinkering.

6. All this obsession with cameras. 3 lens here double there. I am fatigued with it. You make a fine camera in the phone leave it be and stop talking about it. We are tired of hearing about camera upgrades.

7. Curved edges are a pain. We want a flat phone that we can use without dealing with sloping edges. Get real please.

Cover the basics and shut up! Marcia Marcia Marcia

Sign me:

Bill wants a normal phone with BUTTONS. When?

(liked the S7 Active- last good phone other than Note 4.)

Typing from my Note 9. Wish it was like the Note 4.

11 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: Direction of Development -unhappy!

[ Edited ]

I agree with some of your points, such as the bezels and thin-ness of the phones..

However I disagree with your comment on the in-display fingerprint sensor -- personally I am waiting for that in-particular.

If there's one thing I really cannot stand, it is phones that have the fingerprint sensor on the back, or in weird places on the sides. Both of those seem very unnatural for me... and I have skipped every single phone that has it on the back including the 8 and 9 series.

The in-display senor will be a very nice feature indeed.

Now as for the headphone jack, I am with you again on that one. Bluetooth headphones are very underwhelming, and it's just another darn thing I have to charge. Plus if I wanted a dongle life, I would buy an iPhone.

Camera... eh? I still think the S7 Camera is plenty good enough for what I use it for, though photo-hobbyists would disagree. The proffessionals still have standalone camera's anyway.

As for the rounded corners, they are nice if you have them in a pocket -- I speak from experience.

Halo

The only thing semi-relevant to me in all that was being on point about the headphone jack, which Samsung has never indicated they are following suit with the rest of the industry in abandoning it as of yet.

Everything else pretty much I feel the opposite. I love my gigantic screen on the Note 9 being all screen. The speakers on the bottom sound great for the very, very rare instance I would listen to music on my phone without earbuds or headphones.

Tons of people are into photography and love the new features, not just with lenses, but photo editing and enchantment features.

I love the idea of even thinner phones. I use a Note 9 in a semi-slim military grade shock absorbent case. With a tempered glass screen protector. I like putting it in my pocket.

There may be some that agree with a lot of what you hate, but I doubt a majority by any means.

Constellation

Ok but really...do you really think finger print sensors are important to yoir phone whem i cant listen to music face forward? Most people shouldn't care about small gimmicks . There are more important things to worry about..r really who cares about that?

Bill

Constellation

Dont agree with you. How much thinner do u want it? It is thin enough.give it up! You peopl want nothing to grab and hold on to. Ridiculous! This will not fly with the masses. Any man with mans hands wants something sturdy to hold or it slips through your grasp. I am trying to help you get real here. Photography nis good enough. Leave it alone.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I'm with you on pretty much everything but the headphone jack could be a game changer. What does Samsung loose buy leaving it. The Bluetooth users still got what they can use and for us die hard aux users, we are cared for

Constellation

Thinking of removing on Galaxy 10

Constellation

How thin do you need it? And why is current thinness not good enough?? We can't hold it anymore..it slips through the fingers. Enough is enough.

Halo

I like unlocking my phone with my fingerprint, it's not a gimmick.

I honestly don't care if it gets thinner, but wouldn't complain if it does. It's a big phone, in a case, and fits in my pocket pretty comfortable as is, but a little improvement in that regard isn't bad development.

I honestly find all you complaints more gimmicky than how amazing all the features of today's phones are.

Constellation

Baloney. Nothing gimmicky about my comments at all. My remarks stand as is. I care about basics and keeping a phone flat and usable. The curves are annoying and given that Samsung has softened the curves, that must be majority position. Too thin. Enough already. And I like bezels!