Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

I'm having the same issues. I see it mostly happening when I'm playing a game or just trying to clear all the apps running. I don't have a screen protector on the phone. 

Constellation

Similar issue here. The screen randomly becomes unresponsive to finger touch and the notification shade will drop down without me doing anything. The S Pen will work though. This started happening a couple of days ago. A factory reset didn't fix the issue. My next step is to contact Samsung about a replacement.

Constellation

Same issue for me.  Been searching endlessly for this topic and glad I found you guys.  Keep me posted.  I think it's software as I can use that portion of the screen for some apps.  Some I cannot and I cannot toggle the settings for the top bar (wifi, auto rotate, etc).  I can with the s-pen, just not my finger.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

My girlfriend (who just switched from her Apple iPhone 7 Plus) and I from the Note 4 got the New Samsung Galaxy Note 8 a week ago and we're both having the same frustrating nonresponsive touch screen issues. We don't have any protective screen at all.  When trying to simply open any Apps, keyboard texting, notifications, trying to access the Settings, in the Setting menu, etc. The **bleep** thing doesn't work at all!!! Sometimes the App or item we're trying to initiate would get a light grey shade but still not proceed to open nor not follow thru to the next function. I'm convinced the only reason I’m not a Rich guy is because if I was I would have slam this phone on the floor, punched it or throw it against the wall.
Samsung REALLY! You seriously need to address and FIX this ASAP!!! This is unacceptable and a horrible customer experience that your clients are being subjected.

Regrettably!!!
Not a happy customer

Constellation

I too have had a similar problem, mine is not the notification panel but one area just above the center of my screen has suddenly become unresponsive to touch, yet my s pen works, very frustrating having to constantly move screen to select, and in apps pages I'm unable to select apps in that area to open

Constellation

Having the same issue here though I have a screen protector on and thought that's what was causing it. I'm getting a new screen protector and will test it before putting the new one on. 

Astronaut

I only have a problem with, occassionally, the finger swipe down from the top does not bring down the notification panel.  So I've got into the habit now of swiping down on the finger print scanner to bring down the notifications.  I think that after I've done this then I can finger swipe on the screen again.

I haven't found a pattern yet as to when this happens.  I do have a screen protector, but I think if it was that then it wouldn't work ever.  But, most of the time it's fine.

When it happens, if I try to slowly swipe down from the top then the home screen editor opens, to move/remove screens, because I've touched the screen for too long.  So the screen is definitely active.

So, I think it's a software issue where some internal flag has been set to disable the swipe down.

Constellation

Having nearly the same issue. When I pull down the notification bar it randomly goes back up on it's own. Also when i am typing on my keyboard the backspace area becomes unresponsive randomly. Another occurance i had was when i had facebook messenger open and the little popup bubble would randomly close on its own. Hopefully we can get help with these issues! Rather annoying!

Constellation

I did the Samsung route and they couldn't figure it out. I got the old line of 'we've never heard of this.' They referred me back to my carrier. REALLY, if the vendor cannot fix it, what can the carrier do? Well after a few hours on the phone, and after I suggested that it could be the digitizer, my carrier determined that it is the digitizer and shipped me a new phone. So, let's see what happens with the second one.
Astronaut

Good idea suggesting the digitizer.

Thanks for the post.