Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

Having same issue. Notice it more whilst trying to play games. The screen is totally unresponsive to the finger and wont do anything so find myself moving my hands around when holding phone until it becomes responsive again...very frustrating

Astronaut

Hello,

I have nothing but issues with this new note 8. I was told the screen protector mess the screen. Thet said the screen gets messed up if you use a protector.so a 1000 dollar phone does t work from a 50 dollars screen protector smh

Experiencing exactly the same issues. VERY frustrating. Purchased from ATT on launch day. Guess there is no option other than to return the phone.
Astronaut

my note 8 screen is not responsive too. I asked some other note 8 users, they are experiencing the same issues. Initially i was thinking it might be the screen protector. but now, maybe we will wait and see. Hope it is an issue that can be resolving using some firmware update...

Astronaut

My phone started displaying the same behavior this weekend. I went into the hardware test mode (*#0*#) and watched the top area of the screen (using the Screen test option) light up to indicate it had been touched - without actually being touched. This happened only once and I have not been able to replicate it, but it led me to believe that somehow this area of the screen is constantly registering phantom touches... and the system that controls for accidental multi-touch treats this as the primary contact area and ignores screen contact in other areas. This would explain why the notification shade slides up and down seemingly of is own accord. This may also explain why the S Pen still seems to work perfectly - the system must be designed prioritized all S Pen contact as intentional (otherwise, I imagine the S Pen it would be quite unusable). T-Mobile is sending me a replacement refurbished device (I don't know how to feel about them replacing my month old $1,000 phone with a used phone) As for Samsung... in my extensive experience as one of their customers (started with the original Galaxy S), I doubt they hold customer service in the same esteem as companies in the West do. They have a "build it - sell it - move onto the next one" mentality and I doubt they invest very much in delivering lifetime customer value. If they are not careful, this problem will be their new "exploding battery".
Astronaut

Corrections: in hardware test mode (*#0*#) it is they Touch test option. I was able to replicate the phantom touch result multiple times... in the attached image I did not touch the top of the screen at all... the "Note 8 ghost" did that. The straight lines indictate multi-touch incidents (the moments when the ghost and I touched the screen at the same time)

Uploaded from community android app.Uploaded from community android app.

Astronaut

SAME with me Smiley Sad super frustrating ...

Astronaut

im also dealing with this frustrating issues and have only had the phone a week. The phantom touches, sudden unresponsiveness, random text highlighting etc. Also seems odd the S pen works perfectly fine when these issues spur up. im just tired of the locking/unlocking just to complete a simple swipe on ANY task!!
Nebula

Use bixby and say "sensativity settings" then adjust setting to 1..😉
Nebula

Long time T-Mobile customer here. No issues and have had great customer support over the years with the very few issues I have had. Then again, it seems that we may handle things a little differently by reading your post. Best of luck.