Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

I having the same issues. I'm unable to swipe, and when I press keys all sorts of characters appear. Haven't had it 30 days yet, so Verizon is sending a new phone by wks end. Very frustrating as this phone is **bleep** near $1k

Astronaut

my phone worked great for about a month, but then I began having the same issue. After several calls with Sprint and Samsung, as well as half a dozen factory resests, I was at the point where I planned on shipping it back under the Samsung warranty. In one last attempt to fix it, I uninstalled all of the apps I recently downloaded and ALAS! IT WORKS!!!!! I've attached a screenshot of apps I uninstalled since I'm not sure which app was the issue. Hopefully this helps. It's great to have my phone back.

Uploaded from community android app.Uploaded from community android app.

Astronaut

second screenshot

Astronaut

actually the second screenshot

Astronaut

im still experiencing issues with this and I went to Verizon and of course it was day 19 since ive purchased the phone so there fakakta 14 day policy kicked in and I cannot get an exchange, best they offered was a refurb based on their 30 day policy. completely unacceptable, but samsung is no better. multiple Chats / Inquiries raised and the best I was told was to go to a Samsung store, or mail in the phone for a repair. what was funny was that not even a loaner was offered and they suggested checking with Verizon on a loaner, ha! funny! The non responsive swipes (yet S pen works fine), frozen screens, sudde. restarts, etc. have me completely frustrated and disappointed with this phone. completely regret upgrading and I wish I wouldve kept my s7
Constellation

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. In developer options I enabled SHOW POINTER LOCATION and trying to swipe down my notification bar the top of the phone does not sense my finger. I can only bring down the notification bar with my S pen. 1st pic is as much as my my phone will sense my finger and the second pic with my S pen. I called my carrier and they are letting me return my phone. I hope this helps.

Astronaut

Having the same issue only with s8 active. I even filed a insurance claim with AT&T (my first phone had a chip in the screen and they thought that was causing the issue) but my brand new, undamaged phone has the same issue. So frusterated.

Astronaut

I am lost without my friend and boyfriend thank u for all my help...
Astronaut

J am so so sorry for shay and row row happy halloween
Samsung Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone, I completely understand how the screen freezing or being unresponsive can be frustrating but there is one thing I'd like you all to try. Could you go into Galaxy Apps, Select the Menu> My Apps> Updates> and then select the Update icon next to the Customization Service app? Please let me know if this helps with the device's responsiveness.