Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

Hi all. 

I had the same problem with my Note 8 from the wery beginning of my ownership, that started on the release date for the phone. 

Yesterday I got a new update for my Note 8, and it actually looks like this update fixed my screen issue. I've been using it for 24 hours after the update, and not once has the screen been unresponsive. Before this update the screen was unresponsive all the time...

Greetings from Norway. 

Astronaut

just got my note 8. when I use the pull down menu and try to select the settings icon, it will not respond to touch. I made the sensitivity setting lighter to no avail. works fine with the pen though. Don B

Do you also have a screen protector on? If so, it just my be that the protector is not making contact in that spot.

Astronaut

My phone is currently doing this at this moment I am able to use my S pen but nothing else works besides the button
Constellation

Yup my note 8 have a same problem
Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I got my phone Nov. 18th and after 3 weeks it started doing the exact same thing. Went back to the AT&T retailer & they tried a few things & said to take it home. It seemed "ok" for about a half hour then it was back to the same thing. Went back to AT&T a couple days later and they called Samsung. They were absolutely no help. So the AT&T guy says to take it home & wait for a software update. So here I sit, with a spendy phone & can only use the S Pen. When I asked if I could get a new phone, I was told it would be refurbished.....seriously? 3 weeks old & almost $1000. I'm not taking a used phone. Samsung needs to make this right!!

Constellation

I have the same problem and it's responding only to the pen . Even now I am writing with it . 

Constellation

No, this does not rectify the problem.

Supernova

@maximvshill Have you been able to perform any of the recommended troubleshooting?

Constellation